Sponsored by:

Heatseeker's 997.1 C2S Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:37 PM
HeatSeeker
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 911
Looks cool. What is your normal ride height?

Old 12-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by HeatSeeker
nice!!
Old 01-01-2019, 11:04 PM
HeatSeeker
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to the facebook Porsche 997 enthusiasts group i was finally able to find a shop that would fab some sideskirt extensions for a 911, "S Factor Fabrication".

The original template was designed around a 997TT and even though i was offered to modify them to reduce how far they flare out, i decided to keep them the same so that they look very aggressive. They poke out about 2-2.5 inches. If you have an NB 997 and like the design but want less poke, they can modify for a subtle look.

Two things to be aware of for install:

1. The rear splashguard/mudflap will need to be removed. Once removed, a 'tab' will be in the way of install and you will need to create a slit in the skirt to allow the tab to slide in. I did notify the fab shop with all details and photos so likely they already adjusted for this.

2. Yes, they need to be drilled into the underside of the car body, under oem sideskirts.

Below are photos of what i referenced above, as well as final product. Like most parts of this build, this will not be for everyone but i love it and my car

I received a Tranzit Blu audio streamer for xmas and installed as well. Very quick and easy 20 minute install, works flawlessly. Many videos/threads highlighting the install so i will not cover. I placed the mic in the steering column for a stealth look and works fine even with my loud fabpeed bypass. I love being able to stream music wirelessly but maintaining the oem head unit. Highly recommended.

The following users liked this post:
415CPA (12-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Heatseeker's 997.1 C2S Build