Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used Maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 03:00 PM
zdeckich
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone used Maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass?

Looking at these maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass for my 06 C2. Seem to be very close to the fabspeed ones but half the price. Anyone here ever used them? $500 just seems high for some small bent tubing lol.

https://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com...ass_Pipes.html
Old 07-30-2018, 06:07 PM
997Lyfe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this .1? I know Fabspeed ones have good reviews..
Old 07-30-2018, 06:11 PM
zdeckich
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997Lyfe
Is this .1? I know Fabspeed ones have good reviews..
As far as I know yes, they are for the .1
Old 07-30-2018, 08:58 PM
cnr2003
Intermediate

I have them on an 05 C2S. I had to cut a half inch or so off the end to get the tips centered otherwise they are good.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 PM
frederickcook87
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

You can find mandrel bent pipe to your specifications online for like $13 a piece, too bad I found this out after I spent $300 on my fabspeed bypass pipes
Old 07-30-2018, 10:27 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by frederickcook87
You can find mandrel bent pipe to your specifications online for like $13 a piece, too bad I found this out after I spent $300 on my fabspeed bypass pipes

this. Its 2 pieces of pipe. Even $200 is a ripoff but $500 is insulting.

mike
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 PM
zdeckich
Instructor

Yea i for sure hate to spend $200 for just some tubing. But im not sure of the dimensions of what i would need. need to get under the car and measure it out.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:18 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Originally Posted by zdeckich
Yea i for sure hate to spend $200 for just some tubing. But im not sure of the dimensions of what i would need. need to get under the car and measure it out.
fwiw i ran muffler deletes and all i could tolerate was a day of it. Its not the volume that bothers me. Ive run straight piped cars before. Its just how terrible the engine sounds under part throttle. Sounds very fart can like. Not at all pleasant to the ear.

mike
Old 07-31-2018, 10:35 AM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
fwiw i ran muffler deletes and all i could tolerate was a day of it. Its not the volume that bothers me. Ive run straight piped cars before. Its just how terrible the engine sounds under part throttle. Sounds very fart can like. Not at all pleasant to the ear.

mike
This.

Thats literally my only gripe with having the Fabspeed ones.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,701 Likes on 4,258 Posts

I installed NHP Exhaust Tips from Maxspeed on my Cayenne Turbo and was very surprised at the quality for the price. I'd definitely consider them for other exhaust mods in the future. I've purchased a number of items from Nello at Maxspeed over the years and all have been great.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Hey guys, Scott here from Fabspeed Motorsport. Just wanted to chime in a bit about the product that we offer for the 997. Here at Fabspeed we have spent years developing our products to maximize performance and sound. With our Porsche 997 Muffler Bypass Pipes, we use 14-16 gauge C.N.C. mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability. We stand behind our Limited Lifetime Warranty, make everything in house here at our Fabspeed facility. With our in house Dyno, we have proven dyno and video evidence of our tested results. I agree you may be able to find imitation pipes for cheaper, but you will sacrifice quality, reliability, and customer service.

Dyno testing this set up gave us Horsepower numbers of +21hp, +21ft/lbs, and this set up will also save 31lbs from the rear of the vehicle.

Talked to the boss, we're going to run Rennlist special, $350 for this set up, we have PLENTY in stock!! Reach out to me and ill get you set up!!!

Old 08-02-2018, 04:32 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Hey guys, Scott here from Fabspeed Motorsport. Just wanted to chime in a bit about the product that we offer for the 997. Here at Fabspeed we have spent years developing our products to maximize performance and sound. With our Porsche 997 Muffler Bypass Pipes, we use 14-16 gauge C.N.C. mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability. We stand behind our Limited Lifetime Warranty, make everything in house here at our Fabspeed facility. With our in house Dyno, we have proven dyno and video evidence of our tested results. I agree you may be able to find imitation pipes for cheaper, but you will sacrifice quality, reliability, and customer service.

Dyno testing this set up gave us Horsepower numbers of +21hp, +21ft/lbs, and this set up will also save 31lbs from the rear of the vehicle.

Talked to the boss, we're going to run Rennlist special, $350 for this set up, we have PLENTY in stock!! Reach out to me and ill get you set up!!!
They're two pieces of 15" long pipes that have a single bend in them. You honestly think $350 is a fair price?

Mike
Old 08-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Hey Mike,

We have never hidden the fact that we offer premium products at a premium price. This is not what everyone is looking for and that’s completely understandable. Luckily, we are in a competitive and passionate industry with a ton of options to fit your personal needs.

There are countless factors in our price point. We can confidently and proudly say we get the best T304L stainless steel available, not the one that allows us to offer the lowest price point. We can proudly say we pay a premium to have extremely talented fabricators work in a comfortable work environment. We can proudly say that we invest heavily into our infrastructure to make sure we have the technology and manpower to give all of our current or potential customers a superb customer experience.

We develop all of our products in-house, fabricating and testing various prototypes in every case in order to be confident that we are offering the best products we can. All of our products are also covered under our limited-lifetime warranty.
We strive to offer the best possible products, even if it comes at a premium, and though we are not perfect we are very proud of the effort we put out to reach that goal.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:01 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Hey Mike,

We have never hidden the fact that we offer premium products at a premium price. This is not what everyone is looking for and that’s completely understandable. Luckily, we are in a competitive and passionate industry with a ton of options to fit your personal needs.

There are countless factors in our price point. We can confidently and proudly say we get the best T304L stainless steel available, not the one that allows us to offer the lowest price point. We can proudly say we pay a premium to have extremely talented fabricators work in a comfortable work environment. We can proudly say that we invest heavily into our infrastructure to make sure we have the technology and manpower to give all of our current or potential customers a superb customer experience.

We develop all of our products in-house, fabricating and testing various prototypes in every case in order to be confident that we are offering the best products we can. All of our products are also covered under our limited-lifetime warranty.
We strive to offer the best possible products, even if it comes at a premium, and though we are not perfect we are very proud of the effort we put out to reach that goal.
HI there.

I dont mean to be overly critical but I have to assume the above response is a canned response given to anyone on the forums that has question about prices because we are not talking about any of your "premium products" here right? We are talking about two pieces of pipe that are bent at 90 degrees.

Why in the world would i need a lifetime warranty on two pieces of pipe and quite frankly they dont need to be made out of T304 which, btw, does not need to cost what you are charging? I could buy literally 25 of these pipes from my local shop to start to approach your sale price.

I get charging a "premium" for products that require significant R&D like header-back systems. I get that. But this is not that. This is sticking it to Porsche folks IMO.

This is like the ridiculous Fabspeed "Cold Air Upgrade Kit' sold for $245...

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997...SABEgL8gvD_BwE

You realize this is a silicone hose and a cap? Its $35 worth of parts (good quality 4 or 5 ply hose and cap).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Air-Intake-Induction-silicone-Hose-For-Porsche-911-Carerra-996-997-C2-C4/252556643829?epid=1066191140&hash=item3acd8c8df5%3Ag%3ANh4AAOSwT6pVyGRs& _sacat=0&_nkw=997+intake+hose&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Its unfortunate that you are willing to do stuff like the above because it does appear you have some nice products but when you have two products like the ones above that are at 1000% (10x) markups it turns me off completely. Just some honest feedback I hope you'll take back to the management there.

Mike
The following 2 users liked this post by bhvrdr:
IrishLegend (08-11-2020), JoeMX82 (07-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2018, 06:37 PM
GT3_ISH
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have these pipes changed over the years Fabspeed? I have these and mine don't look near as quality as those. PO bought them, so I'd guess they're a few years old.

Quick Reply: Anyone used Maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass?