Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used Maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
HI there.

I dont mean to be overly critical but I have to assume the above response is a canned response given to anyone on the forums that has question about prices because we are not talking about any of your "premium products" here right? We are talking about two pieces of pipe that are bent at 90 degrees.

Why in the world would i need a lifetime warranty on two pieces of pipe and quite frankly they dont need to be made out of T304 which, btw, does not need to cost what you are charging? I could buy literally 25 of these pipes from my local shop to start to approach your sale price.

I get charging a "premium" for products that require significant R&D like header-back systems. I get that. But this is not that. This is sticking it to Porsche folks IMO.

This is like the ridiculous Fabspeed "Cold Air Upgrade Kit' sold for $245...

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997...SABEgL8gvD_BwE

You realize this is a silicone hose and a cap? Its $35 worth of parts (good quality 4 or 5 ply hose and cap).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Air-I...sid=m570.l1313

Its unfortunate that you are willing to do stuff like the above because it does appear you have some nice products but when you have two products like the ones above that are at 1000% (10x) markups it turns me off completely. Just some honest feedback I hope you'll take back to the management there.

Mike

Thank a lot for your feedback, Mike. We are constantly reviewing opinions of members of the car community to make our decisions so I promise it’s not falling on deaf ears.

Of course we have talking points on topics that are mentioned often but that wasn’t a canned response just given to everyone. All of our products are premium products. You don’t want a warranty. That’s fine. You don’t think the products need to be made from the highest quality T304L around. That’s fine as well. There are plenty of products out there that make those concessions to lower the price.

There are also countless business factors you don’t seem to be taking into account. There is a lot more that goes on at Fabspeed other than simply buying the materials and turning it into a product. We invest heavily into our employees and our infrastructure. Just for one example, these might be simple products, but they were built by the same team that is capable of building extremely complex systems at a world-class quality. That costs a premium.

Some of these factors might make our simpler, more common products seem overpriced but it is these same aspects that allow us to create and fabricate original world-class exhaust systems.

Long story short – as you mentioned there are plenty of companies that you can buy two bent pipes from for $13 on amazon. There are plenty of options there but that is simply just not our goal as a company. You may not want a warranty or T304L stainless steel pipes, but we are here for those who want the world-class quality products and service that some may think is unnecessary.

I really do appreciate your feedback and like I said it will not fall on deaf ears. We are experimenting with some pricing options now which is why we are now offering a forum discount on these Muffler Bypass Pipes for $350.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions or would like to get an order in.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_ISH
Have these pipes changed over the years Fabspeed? I have these and mine don't look near as quality as those. PO bought them, so I'd guess they're a few years old.

I don't believe they've changed. Shoot me a picture of your set up when you get a chance, would love to see it!!!
Old 08-04-2018, 11:05 AM
joe084S
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I am running these on my 08 4S and I LOVE them. yes they will produce a slight drone at cruising speed around 2300 rpm but honestly who cares. its not terrible, ive had my wife and 2 kids in the car and the only complained once lol. while at full throttle or even at idle the car sounds amazing. I have heard reviews of people hating the sound and saying that it is raspy and not pleasant sounding. im not sure if since my car is a 3.8 and has X51 so it has headers on it, but my car sounds amazing and I wish I would have done it sooner.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:00 PM
frederickcook87
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I had the fabspeed ones till I convert my rear bumper form the 997.1 to the 997.2 Turbo and had to have custom piping to get to different tip exits. While I value my fabspeed headers and x pipe I do feel the Porsche community gets charged a serious premium on most after market things. These super high priced (for what they are) bypass pipes are one of em. Hate I didn’t do more research before I purchased my used fabspeed ones for $300
Old 08-04-2018, 10:33 PM
zdeckich
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone for all the inputs, just ordered the NHP ones.

Quick Reply: Anyone used Maxspeed/NHP muffler bypass?