Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Fast

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 12:26 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

Heh. I've got the best wife, mine looks for an excuse to "take the car for a spin" when we are on a date nite in the car.. She loves the full-on boost and loves the roller-coaster feel..
Old 07-31-2018, 03:08 PM
ocgarza
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
Heh. I've got the best wife, mine looks for an excuse to "take the car for a spin" when we are on a date nite in the car.. She loves the full-on boost and loves the roller-coaster feel..
No I have the best wife. She drives her CaymanS like a crazy fast F1 driver, I drive the 911 even better
Old 07-31-2018, 03:19 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by docdrs
OMG. I followed all the instructions on here about all the diy mods I could do and now my car is too fast. My wife wont drive it, she is always telling me to slow down, she doesnt like to be thrown against the door or on my lap when I corner......what am I to do?? She also says its too noisy when I get out of the neighbourhood and she doesnt hear her phone ring or even feel it vibrate as the car is too kick *** ( what ever she means by that). When I managed to get her to go on a tour/rally and we had some spirited cornering, she said your going too fast and take me home! ( I was waving to the leader...lets do it again), My reply to her was that I just didnt want to lose the guy in front of me and get lost......she rolled her eyes......I rolled mine.......next time I'm thinking some duck tape might be needed or take my 89 year old father

LOL!!

My wife was supposed to be my "navigator" for the 2 most recent PCA SDR back road tour events. Both times, she did the same thing your wife has done. I thought the second time around would be less stressful but I couldn't handle it and it wasn't fun at all. She would yell out OMG, SLOW DOWN!!!, YOU'RE GOING TO KILL US!, WTF...bro !@#$in DOWN, YOU'RE GOING TO HIT THAT CAR!! haha

I go on morning sprints by myself or with my car buddies and with the upcoming driving events, she already stated that she's out. She said she'll go shopping instead. She loves driving the Supra though.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:01 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
this 4 cyl car accelerates faster than my 997s and luckily i too have a wife that complains when we get a car thats too slow but never too fast lol
Want to sell it? I'd love to own one but having trouble finding one (2011 or 2012 with 8 speed) with verified replacement of piston rings to resolve oil consumption...
Old 07-31-2018, 04:35 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

LOL. I am just happy my wife said okay to my 997.2. I wish she shared the same driving passion, but that isn’t going to happen. At least my 5 boys love it. I will just take them. Ha ha.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:40 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
Want to sell it? I'd love to own one but having trouble finding one (2011 or 2012 with 8 speed) with verified replacement of piston rings to resolve oil consumption...

I wouldnt even bother trying to find one that had the piston rings done. It will fool you into a false sense of security. The 2009-2012 engines have so many bad parts in them its crazy. They have bad timing chains, bad timing chain tensioners, bad cam bridges, bad chain guides, bad turbo wastegates (which requires full turbo replacement) and bad rod bearings (which crazy enough audi sometimes does not even replace when they do pistons/rings).

Your best but is to just fine one as cheap as you can and put a 2013+ engine in it (CPMA code name). Thats what I did. Then I put on a simple K04 turbo swap and she is good for low 12 seconds still with stock intake and exhaust so she is quiet as a mouse but a real sleeper. Drives just like OEM.

You put a simple coilover setup on it and some RE71R and this thing also turns very decent lap times on the road course. It'll pass up sports cars that are shocked lol.... and its great for family trips across the states too.

Mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 07-31-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:51 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I wouldnt even bother trying to find one that had the piston rings done. It will fool you into a false sense of security. The 2009-2012 engines have so many bad parts in them its crazy. They have bad timing chains, bad timing chain tensioners, bad cam bridges, bad chain guides, bad turbo wastegates (which requires full turbo replacement) and bad rod bearings (which crazy enough audi sometimes does not even replace when they do pistons/rings).

Your best but is to just fine one as cheap as you can and put a 2013+ engine in it (CPMA code name). Thats what I did. Then I put on a simple K04 turbo swap and she is good for low 12 seconds still with stock intake and exhaust so she is quiet as a mouse but a real sleeper. Drives just like OEM.

Mike
That's discouraging to hear. Thanks for the input. Sorry for my O/T comment.

Quick Reply: Too Fast