C-Pillar trim removal to get to rear window bolt

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 07:50 PM
Jordus IV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-Pillar trim removal to get to rear window bolt

Hi,

Need a bit of help - I'm trying to understand how easy/hard it would be to access the bolts holding the rear window in place. Specifically the rear one behind the C-pillar in the back. It's a Carrera S -07. The reason is that I have a REALLY annoying rattle/creeking from the rear passenger side. It only starts when I get to 90-100 km/h and once I hit 120-130 it's constant and gets worse by the day. At low speeds or bumps I hear nothing so I have a strong hypothesis it's the window bolt starting to creek as the wind/air pressure outside starts pushing the window in..

Can I just pull the C-pillar out to access the rear bolt to try to identify the source of the rattle or do I need to remove entire rear side panel etc. first? Anyone got pictures or a video that could be useful?

Many thanks
Old 07-14-2018, 08:38 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

I have a similar buzzing sound and would like to know how to remove that A-pillar cover a well.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:18 AM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Me three. Same annoying rattle, mine is on the driver's side in the back.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Jordus IV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solved!

After ripping all the inside trims off, re-tightening the window bolts etc. and having no luck. Noice still there... In desperation I made a last attempt before going to the dealer and taped the rear bumper to the side body. It worked! The point closest to the door where the rear bumper is attached had gone soft. When I got past 100km/h the bumper started hitting the body itself and the sun d reproduced itself up the side to the rear window area. Replaced the bracket/attachment (Cheap) and no noise. Just goes to show that rattles reproduce themselves in mysterious ways.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:19 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 393 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordus IV
Solved!

After ripping all the inside trims off, re-tightening the window bolts etc. and having no luck. Noice still there... In desperation I made a last attempt before going to the dealer and taped the rear bumper to the side body. It worked! The point closest to the door where the rear bumper is attached had gone soft. When I got past 100km/h the bumper started hitting the body itself and the sun d reproduced itself up the side to the rear window area. Replaced the bracket/attachment (Cheap) and no noise. Just goes to show that rattles reproduce themselves in mysterious ways.
Can you post a photo of the area and bracket?
Old 05-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Kipp
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same rattle. Driving me nuts. Any further info and/part number of part replaced would be immensely appreciated!
Old 05-03-2020, 02:43 PM
911mdp997
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Please provide the Part No. I have the same rattle issue

Originally Posted by Jordus IV
Solved!

Quick Reply: C-Pillar trim removal to get to rear window bolt