Sponsored by:

997.2 Side Marker Light Wiring Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 AM
ttreat
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 997.2 Side Marker Light Wiring Help Needed

I started into my 2009 C2S project and need to get it inspected and licensed. The first thing that I ran into is the side marker lights were not working. I wouldn't care too much but they to give a fault in the dash which likely will cause it to fail inspection. Also some inspectors make sure all lights are working. It seems they are disconnected and I can't find any wiring and connectors to reconnect them. I can't find much help in the PET or manual either. Below are some snapshots of the PET for the headlight assembly and pictures from the car. Can anyone tell me the part number of the side marker connectors and wiring and where it connects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a picture of the driver''s side frunk. The circled connector is the only open connector that I can find on the front of the car.

Driver's side inner fender. Shows headlight assembly above and fan below. No sign of a connector for the side marker.

Passenger side inner fender. Again, no sign of a connector for the side marker.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:35 AM
ttreat
Racer

Also, wanted to see where I could get a copy of the wiring diagrams. This would be helpful to know schematically where the side markers should receive power. I don't see any in the workshop manual that I ordered. Does anyone have a copy or a good source online?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:24 AM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What is this connected to?
That looks sort of like the right connector. It should have a metal wire retainer thingy on it.

update: needed to jog my memory. The side lights are part of a harness that is attached to the front bumper and connected on a plug behind the passenger fender liner.
Check out the pics in this thread. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-radiator.html) You can see the harness and the plugs that should be there. It would be surprising to me if somebody actually took those portions of the harness out. My guess is they are just buried in there somewhere.

Last edited by BillNye; 07-03-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:30 PM
ttreat
Racer

Awesome! I will pray then pull off the bumper and look.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:13 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,724 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Are both sides not working or just one? If both, it's possible they have been recoded as side turn signals, in which case they don't function as a side marker light anymore, and only flash with the turn signals. I have both my 997s working this way for improved safety on multi-lane highways.

Last edited by Petza914; 07-04-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Are both sides not working or just one? If both, it's possible they have been recoded as side turn signals, in which case they don't function as a side marker light anymore, and only flash with the turn signals. I have both my 997s working this way for improved safety on multi-lane highways.
Ahhhh!! Interesting.and something new to add to my To-Do List.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:33 PM
ttreat
Racer

BillNye was right. Connectors were in the front bumper. Removed the bumper and there they were! Everything back together and they work. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Side Marker Light Wiring Help Needed