Sponsored by:

Error Codes After Radio "FIX"

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 03:47 PM
timlanc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Codes After Radio "FIX"

All, I am new to Porsche and need some help. When I test drove the car, PSM and sport mode worked fine. The radio didn't work at all.

The shop did "something" to fix it or bypass the issue and now I have all of these codes displayed:

P1614:

Steering-angle sensor control module, no communication
Porsche Stability Management - PSM
C153:

Communication steering wheel electronics control unit (drive)
C141:

Communication PCM (display)

C153:

Communication steering wheel electronics control unit (drive)

I am completely lost on what to even look for when it comes to electronics. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

I would take the car back but it is in Dallas and I live in KC.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 07-02-2018, 05:02 PM
karl1672
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

Do you have a stock head unit (assuming you do)? I replaced mine with a Pioneer and always have (and always will) get a number of C codes. Just wanted some clarification on which unit you have.

The more detail you can provide on the car, the better everyone can help.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:10 PM
timlanc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response Karl!

It is actually the stock unit. I think maybe they bypassed something? I was told that the issue was that the fiber line was broken so they maybe did something there that is the issue....?

With the codes you received did it disable your "Sport" button & PSM button as well?

Thanks in advance, appreciate any info/tips being a newby.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:45 AM
karl1672
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My PSM and Sport mode work fine.

This may help

P1614

I found this on the C141 -

Fault C141 -- PCM 2.1, communication
Possible fault causes:
- No power supply for PCM 2.1
- PCM 2.1 incorrectly coded
- Short circuit or open circuit in the CAN display
- PCM 2.1 faulty (in most cases the cause is not the PCM 2.1 but incorrect coding!)

I get C141 all the time. For me, it just means that the current station is not displayed on the info panel (speedo) it just shows "-----" instead of the station. In my case, this is due to the head replacement, so I live with it. In your case, it obviously should work. Personally, I don't worry too much about most of the C codes (I get C112, C141, C131, C174 and C152, P's on the other hand, I do

If you have a scanner, I'd suggest re-setting them as I've noticed the C codes can sometimes be phantom and it's tough to find good info on them.

I know you recently got the car, but do you know what functions are not working?
Old 07-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Also, maybe try to pull the 2 fuses for the PCM and then reinstall them as maybe it will reset itself. I think on a .1 you can also hold 1, 4, & 8 down together on the phone keypad to force a reset. Otherwise you may need to visit a dealer to have them recode the PCM to the car with PIWIS. Year and model of ca may help too (unless I missed those). You mention fiber optic, which tells me you have an S or at least Bose as Bose is what uses a fiber optic cable to communicate from the PCM to the Amp.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:59 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 237 Posts

A lot of faults will show as a result of the PCM being removed and the car operated or moved. The dealer should know to clear the codes before giving you the car back.

Quick Reply: Error Codes After Radio "FIX"