Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 Introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
chuuey
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

More photos as I go through and edit. Sorry, this thread will be very photo heavy:

Old 07-27-2018, 05:16 PM
chuuey
Racer

Little update:

Added a Yakima roof bar system, Thule bike rack (lots of use- going to be adding a second), installed Ohlins R&T, replaced the TPMS with a new OEM set, coded out PASM, installed BBS LMs in 19x8.5 et50 and 19x11 et63, and had an alignment to get things all straightened out. Left the stock 5mm spacers all around. Will be adding some larger spacers in the very near future to fill out the wheel arches. Very happy with the results. Ohlins are set to 12 front 15 rear, and about 25.6 FTG front and 26.1 FTG rear. Not sure if they will settle but very much enjoying the look and performance so far. They have transformed the behavior and ride of the car. More (read: better) pictures to come.

Name:  8e37Cvo.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  2.01 MB
Old 07-27-2018, 09:54 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuey
Little update:
Perfection.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:51 PM
chuuey
Racer

Some minor updates:

Picked up some winter wheels and tires from the classifieds. Carrera Classics with some Sottozeros.

Did the 991 front sport lip with the adapter kit from EMC2 (great product and thank you again)! Ripped it off due to some terrible driveway work in my building (ugh). Will be purchasing another and adding back once the weather cooperates in Boston or upgrading the front bumper... haven't quite decided.

Maintenance to be done within the next three weeks:

Oil change
Spark Plugs
Coil Packs

BBE muffler bypass en route. Still very undecided on side mufflers. Was thinking Top Gear, but am in a holding pattern for the time being.

Picture post to follow
Old 03-08-2019, 05:01 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 60 Posts

i dont know how i missed this thread earlier, but this car is absolutely gorgeous with LMs. I came from Audi/VW background as well before getting into a 911
Old 03-08-2019, 05:07 PM
chuuey
Racer

Originally Posted by bronz
i dont know how i missed this thread earlier, but this car is absolutely gorgeous with LMs. I came from Audi/VW background as well before getting into a 911
Thank you, Bronz! Best of luck with your rebuild. Love the conversation and information sharing that has started as a result.

Don't know if you were part of the Audizine forums at any time, but I posted your thread and the findings in the B7 RS4 section as a ton of the information applies directly to that engine, as well.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
bronz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 60 Posts

Thank you , im glad its turned into a useful discussion for others. And yeah i used to be on audizine under same username I used to have b5 a4 a long time ago and then i had b8 s4 as well.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:00 PM
140.6er
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Very nice purchase
Old 04-15-2019, 05:09 PM
chuuey
Racer

Did spark plugs, coil packs, and and oil change over to Motul Xcess. Added a Topgear center muffler bypass and FVD sound version Side mufflers. Added the rear spacers now that the LMs are back on, and I am much happier!

Looking to switch to the sharkwerks or billyboat muffler bypass, as I believe the TG varient is on the quieter side. Comparing my exhaust vs. others with the same side mufflers leads me to believe that the different design might add the sound I'm looking for.

Next is to get the new muffler bypass on and adjust the exhaust so I can add some tips.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:07 PM
chuuey
Racer

Little update:

This officially marks the 1-year mark with the car. 7,000 miles over that time and have absolutely loved it.

Sold the existing exhaust setup to a local gentleman with a gorgeous C4s cab. It is too conservative for my tastes- perfect for his and his families needs, so the FVD Street Sport Muffler is en route and should be here next week. Will post some videos when the time comes.
https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES9972900...rombacher.html

In the meantime, though, the thought of selling the car for a 996 turbo has crossed my mind. Thinking about posting my .2 for sale as a feeler and going from there. Very undecided and need to drive another 996 before I do anything. I've always been a fan of the exterior, but the interior is where the 996 fell short, imo. I know they are completely different feeling cars and given my use, I don't know if I need the extra umph, but do like the overall reliability and package the turbo provides, especially for the money. I know the topic has been beaten to death across several forums and is truly subjective, so I didn't want to post another thread. If you have some thoughts, feel free to chime in!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:06 AM
chuuey
Racer

Some recent pictures and a new exhaust clip showing the FVD Street Sport Muffler. Exhaust tips are likely going back to stock- not really a fan of the blue. You win some, you lose some. Unfortunately, got caught in a bit of a rain storm on the way to snapping these pics. Cleaning your car is a rain dance, I swear.

The following 4 users liked this post by chuuey:
cannonball05 (07-03-2019), Hoodoo (06-26-2019), myw (09-10-2019), Presto (05-12-2020)
Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Love the mods done so far.very tasteful. Ohlins, BBS, fvd, fabspeed. Fantastic brands and product choices.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Hoodoo
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for posting the exhaust clip; the car sounds & looks fantastic. I'd take a properly maintained and well sorted C2 like this over a stock C2S any day and have been stalking this car since you posted it in the classifieds.

I hear ya about the rain. We've had an unusually cool and wet spring/summer and it feels like I'm playing chicken with the weather every time I take my S2000 out for a drive.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:01 AM
chuuey
Racer

Originally Posted by Presto
Love the mods done so far.very tasteful. Ohlins, BBS, fvd, fabspeed. Fantastic brands and product choices.
Thank you! That was the goal- replace things with oem or better quality. The end result was certainly worth it!

Originally Posted by Hoodoo
Thanks for posting the exhaust clip; the car sounds & looks fantastic. I'd take a properly maintained and well sorted C2 like this over a stock C2S any day and have been stalking this car since you posted it in the classifieds.

I hear ya about the rain. We've had an unusually cool and wet spring/summer and it feels like I'm playing chicken with the weather every time I take my S2000 out for a drive.
You're welcome! Very limited recent exhaust clips for these cars, so I thought this was a good opportunity. FVD makes some great products. I'm really interested to see what the car weighs now, it feels great- I suspect the culmination of little improvements has really made a difference.

I'm waffling whether to take it down or not. The drive around yesterday was really enjoyable. These cars are so good.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:58 AM
chuuey
Racer

After installing the new exhaust, I officially cannot stop driving. I am going to be taking the car down from the classifieds.

FVD really deserves more praise. They do not show up nearly enough as a great exhaust option in this forum. The street sport mufflers may be a hair loud for most, but the sound is spot on. Smooth, pure, lots of popcorn on decel. A true transformation.

Will be adding my GT3tek front lip now that I'm convinced in keeping the car, will update accordingly.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Introduction!