Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poincaré and Porsche - Life Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018 | 11:51 AM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Default Poincaré and Porsche - Life Insurance

In the last few weeks I started filling some gaps in my life planning and among the items noticed is a group that might be classified as 'three body problems' as a result of buying/tracking a Porsche.

As an example - life insurance. It looks at things like driving record, (speeding tickets more likely in a P car vs a Prius) (cops are more likely to pick the P car, and/discount that the Prius was even capable of speeding) I feel way more comfortable (immune) speeding in the Prius vs a Porsche. Then there are 'high risk' hobbies which include car racing (and even bicycle racing). I never thought about tracking a Prius but am already considering buying a dedicated track car to learn how to drive better. These can affect your price, acceptance and even payout if in the period of contestability.

Has anyone here been affected by owning a Porsche, speeding tickets, tracking or racing and 3rd body problems - like life insurance ?

In general is tracking dangerous ? I know car racing can be but I thought with most tracks being wide open spaces the dangers were limited to bruises and bruised egos.
Old 06-20-2018 | 12:42 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

My life insurance doesn't cover my skydiving. Still alive though.
This question is best for the "off topic" forum and google.
Old 06-20-2018 | 01:05 PM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

You're right. I'll move it. Apologies.
Old 06-20-2018 | 05:46 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Meursault88
In the last few weeks I started filling some gaps in my life planning and among the items noticed is a group that might be classified as 'three body problems' as a result of buying/tracking a Porsche..
A humongous stretch if I ever have seen one. Poincaré just turned in his grave.

Quick Reply: Poincaré and Porsche - Life Insurance