Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Seat SRS Code/Buckle Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018 | 11:08 PM
Appraiser
Instructor

Default Aftermarket Seat SRS Code/Buckle Question

Hi All,

Couple of questions; I've recently purchased a Recaro SPG with sliders and mount from a member here. It's great, I love it. Now I want to get it in the car. The plan is it goes in the night before DE's and comes back out the following day; a (4) bolt plug'n'play setup is what I'm looking for. I know I'll trip the SRS light once I unplug the seat sensor plug and would like to clear it so the car is 'clean' when on track without warnings but would also like to keep the rest of the airbags operational.

I'm aware of two methods; the resistor trick and the Durametric clear-code way. It seems inevitable that I buy a Durametric Enthusiast to clear the service reminder message so I suspect I'll be going that route.

My question; does clearing the SRS error code with the Durametric still keep the remaining airbags active? Since I drive the car to the track and back with a standard 3 point I think it would be good to have those systems still in play. Otherwise I assume putting the resistor in place would keep everything else active since the brain wouldn't know any better, right?

The last question; can I attach a factory seat belt buckle (receiver) to the side of the Recaro seat bracket? I would have assumed so but on the Suncoast website it is listed as: "Not compatible with fixed shell race seats or carbon fiber sport bucket seats" for a standard 997 seat belt buckle and "Not compatible with standard seats, not compatible with aftermarket race seats" for the GT2 and GT3 extended cable length buckles. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Colin

Posted in Racing/DE Forum - mods please feel free to delete as appropriate. Thanks!

Last edited by Appraiser; 06-20-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seat SRS Code/Buckle Question