Sponsored by:

Looking for B16 Damptonics

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Looking for B16 Damptonics

I've been thinking about upgrading to the B16's for sometime. That time is now. Anybody have any insight to where to find them and have them on the shelf? I contacted Gert and he has to order them which is a 2 month wait.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:32 PM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Other than some of the vendors that sponsor Rennlist it's unlikely that anybody will have insight into on hand inventory for any particular retailer.
Probably start here and see who you can call.
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/about...s-and-experts/
Old 06-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BillNye
Other than some of the vendors that sponsor Rennlist it's unlikely that anybody will have insight into on hand inventory for any particular retailer.
Probably start here and see who you can call.
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/about...s-and-experts/
Thank you....I was talking with AWE and was told that Bilstein shut their line down earlier this year for re-tooling that there is no stock to be had. Sounded like they are up and running soon and maybe by August supply will be back.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:06 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I was told October by a buddy at Bilstein.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:59 PM
99Slammed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are coming off pretty soon I was going to post it for sale once off. Not sure if you were considering used ones?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by voodoo
I was told October by a buddy at Bilstein.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99Slammed
Mine are coming off pretty soon I was going to post it for sale once off. Not sure if you were considering used ones?
You bet...we need to talk. Please PM me with details.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

You'll love them. The ride is tighter and more controlled, but less harsh than the stock PASM setup, if that makes any sense.

If you don't already have TPC's DSC box, use the money you saved on the used set and pick that up too. It will make them fully customizable and active based on G-forces. On a .1 you need the 3-axis accelerometer too and the time to install it is when you're doing the rear Damptronics and have the seats and subwoofer out already.

Also get some thrust bearings and install them on the spring support below the primary metal spring. This will allow the spring to turn a little, which prevents any bonding and popping that sometimes happens with these coilovers. What you need ate these specs 60 x 85 x 3mm AXK6085 Thrust Needle Roller Bearing Each With Two Washers. I bought mine from eBay.

Good luck.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
You'll love them. The ride is tighter and more controlled, but less harsh than the stock PASM setup, if that makes any sense.

If you don't already have TPC's DSC box, use the money you saved on the used set and pick that up too. It will make them fully customizable and active based on G-forces. On a .1 you need the 3-axis accelerometer too and the time to install it is when you're doing the rear Damptronics and have the seats and subwoofer out already.
I do have the DSC box and the accelerometer....love that thing. 99Slammed and I worked out a deal and should have the used set up in a few weeks (I hope). I need to look at the thrust bearings too. Appreciate your insight.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:51 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've also been looking for a set for quite some time now. Guess i'll keep searching.. lol
Old 06-18-2018, 02:17 PM
alvinl
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also have the dsc sport. my stock suspension is going out very soon. looking to do the same setup once the stock is completely gone. i also need a lift system to go well with the system.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

I can think for a few options for those who need/want to upgrade electronic coilovers before this Autumn:

1) Get Bilstein B16 GT3/GT2 Damptronic coilovers, I have conversion parts for 997 GT3/GT2 coilovers to fit 997 Carrera/S/4/4S/Turbo.

2) Get factory Porsche GT3/GT2/RS/4.0 shocks from Porsche dealer and build them up to coilovers(factory Porsche suspension parts are sold ala cart, not as a kit) then select your choice of factory GT? springs or aftermarket coilover springs, I have conversion parts for 997 GT3/GT2 coilovers to fit 997 Carrera/S/4/4S/Turbo.

3) Get a used set of GT3/GT2/RS/4.0 coilovers, depending how complete the particular used set is sold, I have either full-articulating monoball top mount kit or factory non-GT style top mounts, and I have conversion parts for 997 GT3/GT2 coilovers to fit 997 Carrera/S/4/4S/Turbo.

4) Top-of-the-line Tractive DDA coilovers.

Having DSC Sport controller offer flexibly for any of the above option to be tuned to produce the ride/performance quality for each driver's preference.

Note: Factory Porsche GT3/GT2/RS/4.0 shocks are made by Bilstein with 36mm inverted front monotube.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

To put a close to the thread...99slammed and I came to terms on his used set with 2000 miles on them. Should have them soon. Now onto alignment specs and ride height. Any thoughts? I know there are several. Thanks Gino!
Old 06-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
To put a close to the thread...99slammed and I came to terms on his used set with 2000 miles on them. Should have them soon. Now onto alignment specs and ride height. Any thoughts? I know there are several. Thanks Gino!
Did you look into the warranty information on used parts? I've thought about watching eBay/classifieds for a used set but I've seen others say you don't get a warranty that way, and I've simultaneously seen posts where people have had weird failures with their B8/B16s.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Did you look into the warranty information on used parts? I've thought about watching eBay/classifieds for a used set but I've seen others say you don't get a warranty that way, and I've simultaneously seen posts where people have had weird failures with their B8/B16s.
The warranty does not transfer over to the owner. But like most warranty's it looks like you are on your own anyways. With 2000 miles and the photos that I have seen I think I'm in good shape.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
limitedlifetimewarranty.pdf (93.0 KB, 59 views)

Quick Reply: Looking for B16 Damptonics