Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche People ... which are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:03 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I am a Mix of TECHNO and PORSCHE PURIST.

TECHNO because I grew up with mopeds, motocross bikes, motorcycles. I also studied to master degree in mechanical engineering.

PORSCHE PURIST because I like to keep my car as stock as possible or with 10 minute reversible mods. Examples: Tranzit blue Bluetooth because I want to keep PCM original. CAI silicone hose and resonator delete because it takes 10 minutes to adjust back.

What I don't agree upon among some of the purists is this stupid (IMO) reasoning about rareness and how "unicorn" my car is etc. OK for 997.2 GT3RS 4,0 this is true of cause but for normal Porsche's........really?

Some of the colour combos/equipment combos are rare but they could also be rare because no one actually like it. I had a company car once (not Porsche) with luxury interior (walnut, biege full leather) but I ordered it with sports chassis , sports seats, rear spoiler and larger alu rims. Unique - yes but not really desirable for most people (because of odd combinations of options)
Old 08-16-2018, 05:26 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Definitely a purist here. I'm not the worrying kind, but I do overly maintain the car. Part of the reasons is I like to drive it and stay on top of any mechanical mishaps. I enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

Quick Reply: Porsche People ... which are you?