Sponsored by:

The Eibach Effect-California Love

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts
Default The Eibach Effect-California Love

Yesterday, I finally got rid of the 4x4 and went to Eibach NA in Corona, CA. One of the many trade offs of living in expensive CA is having an amazing car culture. SoCal is the birthplace of the Hot Rod customization so it only makes sense to have these shops with our reach.

I want to give a huge thanks to Ryan Hoegner-Voodoo at Eibach. He's a very busy person but took the time to give me a tour of the facility, explain the many products, process and R&D that Eibach conducts at the North America facility.

Ryan, another Eibach employee by the name of Mark, another friend and I went out for some Korean BBQ for lunch. Given I was a previous Integra owner like Ryan and Mark, I find out during our lunch conversation that the same Mark sitting across from me is the same person in a ITR vs E36 M3 race at Chuckwalla. Talk about small world. Here are the videos:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/driver-battles-episode-4-integra-type-r-vs-e36-bmw-m3-video/

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/driver-battles-episode-4-in-car-footage-integra-type-r-vs-e36-m3-video/

What's a leading class of suspension facility w/out an install shop. Here are some pics from my experience at Eibach. The 997 now sits perfectly, rides a lot smoother and feels stiffer then with PASM on. When I used to turn it on for every drive, I now leave it off.

Now onto the pics.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:58 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Old 06-01-2018, 04:02 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Old 06-01-2018, 04:05 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Old 06-01-2018, 04:35 PM
GSXR750
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

What setup did you go with?
did you do it for looks or performance?

Thanks
mike
Old 06-01-2018, 05:24 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I just received my Eibachs and have to schedule an install here in south Jersey.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:46 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

The Chocolate Factory

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2018, 07:32 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GSXR750
What setup did you go with?
did you do it for looks or performance?

Thanks
mike
I've got the Pro Kit. I really wanted it hella-flushed and cambered but they only lower it .8" and the alignment wouldn't allow me. lol

Originally Posted by shekmark
Nice. Thanks for sharing. I just received my Eibachs and have to schedule an install here in south Jersey.
Sweet! Ryan is the man.

Originally Posted by voodoo
The Chocolate Factory

Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Awesome! I love my Eibach Pro-kit. Just something to keep in the back of your mind. The springs will settle a bit more over time. It took about 6 months or so for mine to settle and you may one day say to yourself... "hey, that looks even lower then I remember when i first installed those springs. Looks just about right, not too high and not too low and not too stiff."
It's a great all around performer. Another thing...New tires and spacers make a nice difference in closing that gap too if you desire a bit more. I find Tire brands like Michelin have a softer "edge" on them where the sidewall meets flat tread. Some tires have a more pronounced sharper edge and that can mess with the illusion of how big or small that wheel well gap really is.

did you update any strut components while you were in there?

Thanks for sharing the Eibach Tour!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:19 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
The Chocolate Factory
Speaking of factories, seems that the part numbers for 997 pro-kit springs are different in the US vs. EU.

Is it just down to the US manufactured items vs. ones manufactured elsewhere in the Eibach Federen group, or are there real differences?

Thanks.

Karl.

Last edited by wjk_glynn; 06-03-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Awesome! I love my Eibach Pro-kit. Just something to keep in the back of your mind. The springs will settle a bit more over time. It took about 6 months or so for mine to settle and you may one day say to yourself... "hey, that looks even lower then I remember when i first installed those springs. Looks just about right, not too high and not too low and not too stiff."
It's a great all around performer. Another thing...New tires and spacers make a nice difference in closing that gap too if you desire a bit more. I find Tire brands like Michelin have a softer "edge" on them where the sidewall meets flat tread. Some tires have a more pronounced sharper edge and that can mess with the illusion of how big or small that wheel well gap really is.

did you update any strut components while you were in there?

Thanks for sharing the Eibach Tour!
Thanks Bill. I just went with the Pro-Kit since it has 15K miles and I wanted to keep the PASM. I have a few track days lined up this year so if I feel the itch, I know I'll end up going with a coilover setup. I'll keep an eye on the settling time but I did think to myself that it could have been a tad bit lower. The car came with Work wheels and 305's giving it a little stretch. I'm due for new rears and I'm going with 4S's. I have 4S' on the front and feel those tires have soft sidewalls.

-Arnold
Old 06-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Nice looking facility!

Quick Reply: The Eibach Effect-California Love