Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video review of the Foxwell NT510 with Porsche software...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 09:46 PM
IXXI TT
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
I can confirm the sept update let's you reset the service indicator in the 997.2. Still have to figure out what I did and all the so it could be accurate. But the warning is gone! Finally!
Same here, did an oil change yesterday, and was able to reset a 997.2 turbo.

The following first 2 options failed for me, even though the dash flashed and it seemed to reset ECU, service warning remained.
1) oil reset - fail
2) reset with tool - fail
3) 3rd option - 911URGE stated above it's called "service reminder reset" - this option worked

The 3rd option, you have to choose your model year. From memory, I think I chose MY>10, I have a 2011 model. Then it asks you to enter (today's) date. Once you do that it works - service reminder reset!!
Old 11-08-2019, 10:23 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Yeah. First time in years my car did. It say service due after I started it

I assume the format is YYYYMMDD

I just did not know if the 997.2 has different service reminders like the Macan for what service is due or just a general service due every 10k/1 year
The following users liked this post:
maconpatton (04-04-2023)
Old 04-30-2020, 01:53 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 599 Likes on 356 Posts

thanks for this solution - I'm not sure which durmetric version i am using but i found that screen cap on the web - however my screens for the most part look similar. does the newer version looks that much more advanced?

Originally Posted by AreaOne
Sorry I didn’t see this post earlier, your screen look different than the one on I have on my durametric, let me hook it up then compare screens and I’ll get back to you.

But when I used the Foxwell I changed the alarm from horn to siren and that is where I had the issue with the Foxwell not reading rear, so using the durametric I discovered I had a code, cleared it, then went to alarm and changed it back from siren to horn. Then I hooked up my Foxwell and it was able to read rear again.

By the way I see you are using durametric version 6.3.2.5 I’m using 6.5.5.12 that’s probably the reason why I don’t recognize your screenshot because of the different versions.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:46 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone know if these tools are able to re-assign Key # (i.e. Key #1 or Key #2, not actually programming the transponder)? I did a DIY key shell swap, but was unable to get the transmitter out of the "good" key, so my key remote is for Key #2. Then when I put the key in the ignition, it reads the transponder as Key #1. This leads to some funky behavior with the seat memory settings since it starts moving things around when I remote unlock the car (based on Key #2), then changes things once it realizes that it's actually Key #1 inserted. This making any sense? ​​​​​​​
Old 04-04-2023, 01:16 PM
maconpatton
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know date format for oil change? 2017 Macan

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Yeah. First time in years my car did. It say service due after I started it

I assume the format is YYYYMMDD

I just did not know if the 997.2 has different service reminders like the Macan for what service is due or just a general service due every 10k/1 year
I have the NT510Elite and icarprosoft for my 2017 Macan. I prefer the Icarprosoft to set the oil service interval. It prompts for year & date and works great . The Foxwell has a strange looking format. I can’t seem to crack the date format on the NT510 Elite.

Quick Reply: Video review of the Foxwell NT510 with Porsche software...