Sponsored by:

997.2 C4S PSE Rattle Exhaust Valve Actuator push rod broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 AM
nopanix
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 C4S PSE Rattle Exhaust Valve Actuator push rod broken

We can see the bottom of the rose joint which is facing down connected to the exhaust valve (wired to pipe to stop it rattling). Above is the broken push rod with locknut attached. Maybe fractured as a result of over tightening of the locknut.
Had a horrendous rattle which turned out to be the push rod of the exhaust valve actuator broken at he rose joint end by the lock nut. The rose joint was just hanging and rattling on the adjacent pipe.

The actuator is not listed separately for the 997.2. Any thoughts on a solution that doesn't require buying a new left hand muffler complete?

Last edited by nopanix; 05-11-2018 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 05-09-2018, 11:44 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry, after looking at puctures.. I thing the vacuum enters into actuator through rubber/plastic tubes. Disregard my response below.

PSE works off of vacuum induced pressure against spring loaded actuator. Valves open (louder exhaust) when no vacuum applied. From your description, i believe what broke is a hollow metal tube that the rose joint allows flex due to muffler movement. A picture would be nice. Since tube disconnected, no vacuum, your left exhaust should be louder all the time. Please confirm. If that hollow metal tube can be welded back on from all sides air tight, that might do the trick.

tight
Originally Posted by nopanix
Had a horrendous rattle which turned out to be the push rod of the exhaust valve actuator broken at he rose joint end by the lock nut. The rose joint was just hanging and rattling on the adjacent pipe.

The actuator is not listed separately for the 997.2. Any thoughts on a solution that doesn't require buying a new left hand muffler complete?

Quick Reply: 997.2 C4S PSE Rattle Exhaust Valve Actuator push rod broken