Sponsored by:

Soft top u clips

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Soft top u clips

I was putting up my soft top the other day and the U clips that hold the black rubber seemed to be loose and or missing one or two...anybody have any idea how many u clips there’s supposed to be? I think i have 4, should there be more? I fasted them tightly again and haven’t had any problems since. I ordered more off pelican parts just to have as back up ....anyone else have an “issue” with them coming loose ?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:08 PM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny you should bring this up, as I had a similar issue the other day. The rubber was protruding, not allowing the cowl to close properly. Turns out I had one clip half off. I was glad to see it didn't catch the paint. I believe I saw four clips total but I'm going by memory now, but I'm pretty sure. The rubber has a slot that has to seat over the metal cowl and the clip holds it. I checked the others and all were tight. Never knew they were there.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark
Funny you should bring this up, as I had a similar issue the other day. The rubber was protruding, not allowing the cowl to close properly. Turns out I had one clip half off. I was glad to see it didn't catch the paint. I believe I saw four clips total but I'm going by memory now, but I'm pretty sure. The rubber has a slot that has to seat over the metal cowl and the clip holds it. I checked the others and all were tight. Never knew they were there.
exactly!! I think I had 4 too....some are tighter than others, maybe they get loose or worn over time. I just ordered 2 off pelican parts for 1.49 each ....good to have extras just in case. I think I’ll replace the looser ones with the new u clips. I’m glad i caught it in time before it got totally messed up

Quick Reply: Soft top u clips