Sponsored by:

Fuel tank Vent valve location

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 01:23 AM
granprixweiss928
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

i suspect this valve is stuck open on my 2007 911S

whenever I work on it, and i remove the intake (filter box) and crack open the throttle body, or remove the throttle body, I get a strong Fuel vapor smell. even after weeks of the car sitting.
I do not have a code and I do not have issues filling with fuel or starting.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:47 AM
Bomba
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
I had to have my evap vent solenoid replaced recently as well due to the P0441 code on my 07 997.1S. Replacing it solved my CEL but I think what caused it to fail was due to the Driven Injector Defender cleaner I used. Some people say you should use it once a year before an oil change but some also say to use it every couple of fuel refills if you run gas with ethanol. Well, I did use it a couple times in succession (after 2 or 3 refills), and I think it dislodged a bunch of crap from my fuel system and some debris ended up clogging the vent valve causing my trouble code. The problem only arose after I put in the injector cleaner. I think I’m only going to use the cleaner once a year now. LOL.
Interesting.... I recently started using the Driven Injector Defender, and got the P0441 code.... I cleared it and it hasn't come back yet, but this makes me wonder.....

Question to the group: Would the evap vent failing cause a slight RPM drop at launch? I changed my MAF sensor and it seems to have fixed the issue that I was having, but I feel like the car still bogs a bit at launch....

Hence why I was running the Driven Injector Defender, I thought it was bad fuel or dirty injectors.

Quick Reply: Fuel tank Vent valve location