Sponsored by:

MOST / Seicane install

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Pokerpot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOST / Seicane install

I've been trying to find a comprehensive install for the MOST HUR box to install a Pioneer Nav system in my 997... I can't figure out what parts I need. I ordered the $90 Seicane that is supposed to do the same as the MOST box, but what other parts do I need? Do I need a fiber optic extension cable, harness, antenna adapter? I've done many stereo installs, but this one is new to me. I even installed factory Sirius in my BMW and it seemed easier / more straight forward.

I've done plenty of searches on this topic but have yet to find a clear concise DIY. If someone can help me with it, I'll document one and post it myself if nobody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:14 AM
larrysb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

What you need will depend on which 997 (.1 or .2), what your head unit is and whether you have the Bose system or not, and how much stuff you want to change.
There's a pretty good step-by-step process at CAI.
https://cai-store.com

There are a few kinds of MOST adaptors out there. The less expensive ones are pretty much "aux in" devices. They put two channel audio on to the optical cable and send the signal to turn on the Bose amp. The more expensive ones also have some CAN-BUS interface features.

You'll likely need a Fakra antenna adaptor and a harness adaptor to plug into the factory harness, a double-din mount kit.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Pokerpot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a .1 with Bose. The Seicane box I got is allegedly Bose compatible - yet it doesn't have

Thanks for the tips. I looked at the CAI one already and was confused because the Seicane one didn't have the same connections. Any ideas on which harness adapter I need to buy?

I guess things will be clearer to me when I actually dig in there.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:51 PM
larrysb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm not sure on the .1. I have a .2 and the PCM3+Bose, which has an ISO Quadlock connector on it. I bought a Seicane MOST box to experiment with. I just hooked it up directly the Bose amp under the seat, but I decided it didn't do a good job of putting audio onto the optical bus. I found it made a decent amount of hiss and ground loop induced noise. Also the loss of fader control didn't seem like a great thing.

I think for the money, I will just bypass and remove the Bose amp entirely with a bypass plug and use a DSP amp in its place, use the existing Bose sub and speakers, possibly changing the dash tweeters. The MOST bus seems like more trouble than it is worth. I wasn't impressed with the $100 adapter and spending $600 on the MOST HUR - well, I can buy some pretty darn nice amps for that and retain the fader function.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:59 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...s-or-less.html

Quick Reply: MOST / Seicane install