interior lights won't shut off now after removing battery for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 11:52 AM
chonniedotcom
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts
Default interior lights won't shut off now after removing battery for a bit

***** Update*****
Playing with the car a bit more, I noticed that the inside door lights appear to be doing the right thing. They dim on and off like the dome and footwell lights used to when locking and unlocking the car or putting the key in the ignition etc...... I rechecked all doors and windows again to make sure everything is closed... Still no joy. :-(

Hey gang.

Pulled the battery leads for a bit today while looking for a way to pass some wires through the firewall, in case I want to add a sub behind my driver seat.

When I reconnected the power on start up, I followed instructions that I found on this forum, on resetting throttle, window settings...etc....
When I started the car, had the error in the dash. That all went away after driving a little

My issue:
Since the battery was disconnect, the interior dome light and footwell lights stay on when driving, while the switch is in "auto" mode.

When I I lock the car, the lights will also stay on for about 30 seconds then shut off on their own. I believe they used to shut off right away when I locked the car???

I have checked all door and hatch switches by leaving one open at a time and trying to lock and listening for the alarm beep when that door is open upon locking. So I assume all my door and hatch switches are doing what they should be?

Is there something I need to reset on the car to make the light work normal again?

I don’t have sport crono.

2007 Carrera S Cab.

Thanks

Last edited by chonniedotcom; 04-14-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: interior lights won't shut off now after removing battery for a bit