Sponsored by:

Need help installing Dension in 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 03:43 AM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help installing Dension in 997 Turbo

I just bought a Dension GW500S BT unit used for my 997 Turbo. Everything appears to be there except a few plastic connectors, but I am looking for advice on install.

I've searched for hours, and found several DIY's, but none are really that in depth or detailed, and with several different ways of going about this install, I hoped someone here could dumb this down for me and give me a good idea of what I need to do to accomplish the following:

1. Install unit behind the PCM in the dash (don't want it in the frunk)

2. Run the OEM cd changer with the Dension (don't want to delete it if I can avoid it, if nothing else then just because I don't want a "CD Changer Not Found" warning I have heard people get when deleting it)

Seems simple enough, but I'm at a loss on how to install. Picture below to show what I am missing (circled in red). What, if anything do I need to buy to make this work and how do I install? I really need it dumbed down. I have little understanding of how this stuff works. So "unplug ______ plug and plug it into _______" style instructions would be awesome It's just the MOST fiber optic connections I need help with. Everything else is easy, though if someone can tell me where a good place to tap into for power is, that would be cool too. I've read you want to do a constant source like the cigarette lighter, not a switched source, but wouldn't that mean the Dension would always be powered, draining the battery?

Old 04-10-2018, 04:51 AM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts

This video should help you with stereo removal and the wiring.

The component you are looking for is a MOST fiber optic loop coupler/bypass. You can get a cheap one on eBay.
The video should give you a good idea of what you are missing.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,171 Likes on 3,935 Posts

Here's the documentation I used when installing mine a few years ago in case it helps. Also, Eric and Bumperplugs is usually very helpful in answering questions since he also sells these units.
Attached Images

Quick Reply: Need help installing Dension in 997 Turbo