Sponsored by:

HELP - Boot / Wing Advice for 997 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 05:18 AM
AutobahnMac911
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
Default HELP - Boot / Wing Advice for 997 Carrera S

Hi gang, I’ve been sporting the 911R look for a number of years and wanting to get a wing back on the car both for looks and a bit of added downforce in high speed turns. Has anyone on here ordered this wing off Yachant2011 on EBay or know someone who has and able to comment on fit, finish, ability to see or not out of rear view etc?

The price is right and it looks good in photos, but those can be deceiving. Any help is appreciated, adding to a 2005 997.1 S that already has GT3 style Vorsteiner front and rear so I am comfortable with the more aggressive look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...NUKkql&vxp=mtr

Old 04-06-2018, 08:51 AM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The price / Chineseness / reviews suggest that you'll have to do your own fitment.. drill new holes and probably put up with uneven gaps. But, if those aren't issues, as you say, the price is right.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:17 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 786 Likes on 445 Posts

Coming from growing up around a family owned body shop + modding cars and making mistakes in my younger and more impressionable years, I would recommend to stay far far away from this kind of nonsense on a 911. That is just my opinion. If you like having to radically modify new parts to fit on your car, then go for it. I would either a) leave the clean OEM look, or b) find an OEM bootlid that someone wants to sell/trade with the wing you want on it.

Quick Reply: HELP - Boot / Wing Advice for 997 Carrera S