Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GTS H&R Springs and GT3/GT3RS Wheels Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:55 AM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running those tire sizes for the last 2 years.. no noticeable change in acceleration when I moved up to this size. However when I changed up to this tire size I also went with a lighter wheel. Right now the Superforgiata on the car are significantly lighter than the OE wheels.

When I changed the sizes initially I got lighter wheels which were wider in the first place + pushed further out due to offset. The end result is a car that feels noticeably more stable and has more grip due to the added amount of rubber. If you're going to get new wheels/tires.. going with something a good bit lighter is a good mod.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I have a set of forged wheels being made right now. I have not decided yet on tire size, but new wheels will be lighter. I appreciate the input.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:59 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

wheel gap looks much better

if it feels comfy enough to you that is what matters

as for looks, the .2 gt3 wheel is so iconoclastic... not sure it will ever look right to me on anything but a gt3... but that's just me
Old 04-22-2018, 01:19 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

okay okay i'll be that guy. I love the new drop on the H&R springs but am I the only one who thinks the GT3/RS wheels need some aero flare? Front aero lip at least? Those are my favorite 997 wheel but they are really asking for some more aggressive aero mods since they are a more aggressive looking wheel.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:03 PM
BillNye
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
okay okay i'll be that guy. I love the new drop on the H&R springs but am I the only one who thinks the GT3/RS wheels need some aero flare? Front aero lip at least? Those are my favorite 997 wheel but they are really asking for some more aggressive aero mods since they are a more aggressive looking wheel.
Kinda agree, without the GT aero they look a bit too similar to the 18" wheels from the base Carrera.

The RS Spyder wheels are my favorite, so I'd have just kept those.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GTS H&R Springs and GT3/GT3RS Wheels Installed