Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropping engine and transmission: What preventive maintenance parts to check/replace

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Dropping engine and transmission: What preventive maintenance parts to check/replace

My engine and transmission are coming down to trace an oil leak that could not be found with everything on the car. I plan to dry ice clean everything as well in the meantime.
Anyone know what other things in particular i should inspect and replace if necessary so that i dont have to drop the engine again later on? water pump, thermostat, belts, AOS are already on my list. Any troublesome hoses in hard to reach places? Its a 997.2 C2S PDK with 51k miles.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:15 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

There's a ground cable (to the starter or alt, I forget) thought to contribute to slow start. Clutch? Plugs/coils?
Old 03-17-2018, 11:19 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto
My engine and transmission are coming down to trace an oil leak that could not be found with everything on the car. I plan to dry ice clean everything as well in the meantime.
Anyone know what other things in particular i should inspect and replace if necessary so that i dont have to drop the engine again later on? water pump, thermostat, belts, AOS are already on my list. Any troublesome hoses in hard to reach places? Its a 997.2 C2S PDK with 51k miles.
2009 C2S 123K miles

I don't believe the 997.2 has the slow start problem.

Dry Ice Clean?? wha? Ok, what and why?

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 03-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

found the oil leak, i thought it deserved its own thread https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...nsmission.html

if anyone wants to know more about dry ice cleaning. I might not do it if its very expensive but regardless getting a quote tomorrow.
https://petrolicious.com/articles/cl...tually-a-thing

Quick Reply: Dropping engine and transmission: What preventive maintenance parts to check/replace