Old 03-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,725 Likes on 4,277 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
I stand corrected!

Now get rid of those cats!
I'm running Fabspeed 200 cell HJS X-cats and the car is plenty strong and loud enough, so sticking with this setup rather than going cat-delete. It's also not like it needs more power and is the only car I own I say that about. I really need to put it on a dyno to answer the question, how much is enough.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:59 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

I stand corrected!

Now get rid of those cats!
Come on now! I am no ecofreak friend but cats perform a necessary role. What they piled up after mandating cats could in most cases come off, though.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:58 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

I’m just venting about KA smog laws......was going through some old photos of my 69 Mach 1 and remembered how great it was to tweak on the motor. No cats, no puters, no limits. Now I want to tweak on the 911 but not in this state....have to wait a couple of years until I escape. Although I’ll probably just send it to Jake for a mild track setup.

But it’s hard to resist deleting those cats......
Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,725 Likes on 4,277 Posts

EE here as well......

My point would be why circumvent a safety item? With this defeated you can start the car without the clutch depressed and if it’s in gear lurch into whatever lies is in front (or back) of you not to mention the stress on the drive train and starter system.....all for a $30 part and an “inconvenience”. If you have any modern car you have to press the brake petal to even start the engine (automatic).

What’s next, no seat belts?

Now deleting the cats I’m OK with!
On 6speed someone was having a problem where his car wouldn't start because the switch that recognizes the clutch pedal wasn't depressed was malfunctioning and someone else posted this switch adjustment/replacement document. I'm attaching it here because it shows the two clutch switches in the diagrams. The one I was talking about bypassing is the plunger style switch that can be removed, bypassed, and reinstalled without taking anything apart. The one with the metal trigger is the safety related one under the lower dash panel you were concerned about that prevents the car from starting unless engaged, and defeats the cruise control if the clutch is pressed.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
clutchpedal_switch_997.pdf (471.5 KB, 135 views)

Quick Reply: DEPRESS CLUTCH PEDAL notification....?