Sponsored by:

OEM vs Mobillube PTX

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018 | 06:28 PM
scottiemac
Racer

Originally Posted by lowbee
how much was 20L ?
If I remember correctly it was about $350 CDN.
Old 03-04-2018 | 06:30 PM
scottiemac
Racer

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
No proof, but I would not be surprised if Suncoast made their own labels and are just transferring the fluid (I could care less). I could not find anything but 20 liter quantities.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
I think you’re right.
Old 03-06-2018 | 06:13 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mcfisticuffs
Further to Desmo's question, does anyone have a Canadian supplier of PTX?

Suncoast's Canadian shipping rate is astronomical, plus I don't think they can ship fluids across the border.
Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
No proof, but I would not be surprised if Suncoast made their own labels and are just transferring the fluid (I could care less). I could not find anything but 20 liter quantities.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Originally Posted by scottiemac
I went to a lubricant distributor in Calgary that sold Mobil products. They found PTX in their catalog - the only issue was they only sold it in 20 litre pails. I should have just paid the price and bought it. I’ve bought it through Sunset and with $ exchange, shipping and duty it is pricey.
Even though it's still in the U.S, I've contacted Sunset Porsche in Oregon about Mobilube PTX. As Bruce mentioned, they have the 20L jug and fill 1L bottles to sell it individually. I've contacted Porsche of San Diego and they only have the 20L jug at $660. Haha

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/a...sp?parent=1163
Old 03-06-2018 | 06:41 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Even though it's still in the U.S, I've contacted Sunset Porsche in Oregon about Mobilube PTX. As Bruce mentioned, they have the 20L jug and fill 1L bottles to sell it individually. I've contacted Porsche of San Diego and they only have the 20L jug at $660. Haha

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/a...sp?parent=1163
I bought mine from Sunset and it arrived in different bottles that were labelled as M1 PTX. Initially, I thought they sent me the wrong fluid. Ideally, you'd just get together with 6 of your Porsche friends at someone's house with a lift, all split the cost of the 20 Liters, and bang out the changes.

Quick Reply: OEM vs Mobillube PTX