Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 IPD plenum and GT3 TB install time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:01 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
I will have my butt dyno re-calibrated prior to install.

I'd really like to dyno after the plenum and TB and then after the tune again. How's that going to look on a DME report though? It's a great safety factor built in as a buyer to see if the car was thrashed, but sort of sucks if you are an enthusiast who likes to modify things and the car could be sold down the road.
Get an air/fuel ratio done. It would be interesting to see if the computer really learns the mod. Maybe someone has already done this . . .
Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Get an air/fuel ratio done. It would be interesting to see if the computer really learns the mod. Maybe someone has already done this . . .

unfortunately the person that logged the math values found no difference between it and the stock plenum so since there is no more air going in the computer would not have to correct for anything anyways.

but aside from that even if the mud did increase air intake these motronic systems run closed-loop under pretty much anything other than start up. So any increase in air intake is going to be factored in with closed-loop operation.

What you want to measure then is fuel trims before and after. Meaning you'll get the same effective air fuel ratio but the short term fuel trims would show slight enrichment due to the deviation from before the mod.

mike
Old 03-19-2018, 10:15 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you install the plenum/throttle body yet?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickOne
Did you install the plenum/throttle body yet?
I haven't. Been pretty busy lately and my buddy who had a dyno just sold it. =(
Old 03-19-2018, 05:26 PM
otuA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A valuable test will be to casually time acceleration, say 5-80mph, for five runs and calculate the average. You don't need to be aggressive or try to get the fastest time, just be consistent. Do the same thing after the install and see if the average drops.

Quick Reply: 997.1 IPD plenum and GT3 TB install time?