Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 997.2 c2s now has a younger brother :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:35 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

I can see that as a viable option to a Macan. How's the reliability of the brand these days? Haven't really paid attention for a while but historically I don't think Alfas have ever been high on the list of problem free, reliable cars.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:47 AM
leon yagudayev
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Test drove a Ti before I bought the Macan S. I was not pleased. Very buzzy and it was the only new car I have ever driven that had wind noise at 60mph. Even the salesman commented. The reason why I even took one for a spin was that I do like the styling. I wish you many, many, smiles and miles!
I didn't have the same experience . doesn't feel buzzy at all. And defenitely no wind noise. Drove over 600 miles since last week. No problems.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:52 AM
leon yagudayev
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I can see that as a viable option to a Macan. How's the reliability of the brand these days? Haven't really paid attention for a while but historically I don't think Alfas have ever been high on the list of problem free, reliable cars.
Tough to say. Pretty new model. I am aware of bad reliability on Italian cars lol. Mine is a 24 months lease. So not an issue. Drives well. Design beautiful . infontainment I would say 5 out 10. But yet again our 997 are not exactly a pinnacle of tech bliss. I rather have a car that drives great with ok tech vs. Hi-tech car that drives just okay. We also have a Q7 (wife/kids mobile) awesome tech but super boring.

Quick Reply: My 997.2 c2s now has a younger brother :)