Sponsored by:

New Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 01:57 PM
LHClancey
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Porsche Owner

Just became the owner of a beautiful 997.1, 2008 with low miles and the shop doing the PPI suggested using Swepco or Redline to keep the engine from carbon build ups. Does anyone have a preference as to type/name of fuel additive and is it something that really makes a difference?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:31 PM
snowspartarn
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LHClancey
Just became the owner of a beautiful 997.1, 2008 with low miles and the shop doing the PPI suggested using Swepco or Redline to keep the engine from carbon build ups. Does anyone have a preference as to type/name of fuel additive and is it something that really makes a difference?

Hey welcome! I just became a Porsche owner last year when I purchased a 2009 911. According to this post Porsche doesn't recommend fuel additives? However if you use top-tier fuel I believe there are additives already in it.

I personally use a bottle of Techron just before doing an oil change. Whether this does anything I have no idea.
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...injection.html
Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LHClancey
I echo what the previous poster said, every now and then, I throw in some Techron. Otherwise, gas up at a station that does a lot of business in a ritzy neighborhood - you are a Porsche owner now! - so you know they're moving the Premium Gas a bunch. Stick to those bands that are Top Tier. I prefer Shell. Costco is another good option. Additionally, drive the heck out of your new Porsche! Will any of this prevent carbon buildup? I don't know, but you will build up a lot of great miles and smiles.
Oh, by the way, Rennlist rules - pics or it didn't happen!
Congrats.
T

Quick Reply: New Porsche Owner