Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 997.1 LED Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019 | 10:03 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oronymo
Not tail lights, but I picked up front led bumper lights that look really good and match the tail lights led aesthetic.

I am probably getting the VIPMotoZ in Rosso for my 997. I like the Spec-D but don’t care for the large area that they leave in the center of white looking lights (when not braking, turning, etc.). If I got the Spec-D I would not go smoked or clear but red/clear. The only thing I didn’t love about the VIPMotoZ is the large fog light square.

do you have a video of the VIPMotoZ with them lit up, turn signals, etc.

also, I was looking for the same light bar turn signals. Where did you get them. And do the signals blink or are they the sequential ones. I’d like a set of those but I think I would opt for the non-sequential turn signal. I did find a set at extrememotorcars of the turn signal with the light bar as a rectangle/oval with the flasher in the center but if I swap the headlights for oval LEDs I would prefer the straight bar like you have.

lastly, are those turn signal lights drl or do you have to turn them on? Straight plug and play or special wiring?

thanks thanks thanks.
Old 09-17-2019 | 04:16 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I am probably getting the VIPMotoZ in Rosso for my 997. I like the Spec-D but don’t care for the large area that they leave in the center of white looking lights (when not braking, turning, etc.). If I got the Spec-D I would not go smoked or clear but red/clear. The only thing I didn’t love about the VIPMotoZ is the large fog light square.

also, I was looking for the same light bar turn signals. Where did you get them. And do the signals blink or are they the sequential ones. I’d like a set of those but I think I would opt for the non-sequential turn signal. I did find a set at extrememotorcars of the turn signal with the light bar as a rectangle/oval with the flasher in the center but if I swap the headlights for oval LEDs I would prefer the straight bar like you have.

lastly, are those turn signal lights drl or do you have to turn them on? Straight plug and play or special wiring?

thanks thanks thanks.
That's the tail setup I have now. Red/clear. I love how they look!!!

The DRL turn signals came back in stock and were plug and play, However, If you want to run them as true DRL, you need to modify the light switch.
The diode light switch mod is an easy mod and took less than 10 min to complete.

Old 09-17-2019 | 04:44 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zettinger
That's the tail setup I have now. Red/clear. I love how they look!!!

The DRL turn signals came back in stock and were plug and play, However, If you want to run them as true DRL, you need to modify the light switch.
The diode light switch mod is an easy mod and took less than 10 min to complete.

Thanks!!

Do you have a link on the light source. Or name. Who did you get them through. I found the vipmotoz tail lights. But wasn’t sure on the turn signals you and oronymo have, where to get those. If you have a vendor you used, let me know. You said the wiring for DRL was easy. What lights up. The bar, or the leds below?
Old 09-19-2019 | 12:40 AM
oronymo
Racer

thanks thanks thanks.
Here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0RGWZuqDGyEcOz

The rear lights are sequential (not my favorite, but they work). The front lights are not sequential, although I think you can find them with sequential. The front lights are not DRLs - although there are several hacks out there for how to make that work (splicing wires, adding a harness, recoding the ecu, etc etc). I personally just wanted to keep it simple and easy to remove and have full control. I usually drive with parking lights on - which just lights up the thing white strip in the front. If it's dawn/dusk i'll turn on the fogs which are really more like DRLs than true fogs (they illuminate ahead rather than down).
Note: the video makes the light seem darker than it really is.

Last edited by oronymo; 09-19-2019 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2019 | 01:12 AM
oronymo
Racer

Thanks!!

Do you have a link on the light source. Or name. Who did you get them through. I found the vipmotoz tail lights. But wasn’t sure on the turn signals you and oronymo have, where to get those. If you have a vendor you used, let me know. You said the wiring for DRL was easy. What lights up. The bar, or the leds below?
I recommend delreycustoms for the front LEDs. https://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/...running-lights
Old 09-19-2019 | 01:41 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I recommend delreycustoms for the front LEDs. https://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/...running-lights
Thanks and thanks. I didn't realize at first you had the rears too in a separate vid. Awesome. I'll definitely get the VIPMotoZ.

As for the front signal lights, Xtrememotorcars has them as well, $375. I think the Delray is $500 and I am guessing they are the same part. They also have the but sequential, with both the top and bottom lighting for signal and fog, for $495. And they have one that is the tube around the outside and the signal in the center. http://www.vendio.com/stores/www.xtr...t/lid=48918339

Are they a reputable vendor. That I don't know.

I think I like the ones you have, but wouldn't mind them at $375 if the quality is the same.

Last edited by 3rdpedal; 09-19-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2019 | 12:15 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Damn! I paid less than half for mine. Funny enough, if you take the part number, they are all the same, Some just charge double / triple.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2004-20.../311439013496?
The following users liked this post:
rmani (10-25-2022)
Old 09-20-2019 | 12:46 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Thanks!!

The mod will light the fog lights up as DRL (like in my picture) when you leave the light switch at "home"
Check this post out: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3581950

I bought my DRL's here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2004-20.../311439013496?
if you google the Manufacturer Part Number (4-SB-PSH997L-CC) you will find the same DRL's in all price regions between ~220 - 700 Dollar.
The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (11-13-2020)
Old 09-20-2019 | 01:00 PM
user 729082021
Banned

This is a trick question. The answer is there are none, they all look terrible.
Old 10-01-2019 | 05:15 PM
Marty L
4th Gear

still have these for sale? im interested
Old 11-18-2019 | 06:09 PM
oronymo
Racer

FYI, I'm looking at selling my LED tail lights and front fogs (switching things up for something different). They're in like-new condition. VIP Motoz clear (non-tinted) red tail lights with smooth lightbar style running light. Front led fog/running lights/turn signal. See my other posts.

PM me if interested.
Old 11-19-2019 | 02:15 PM
Zettinger
Instructor

Old 08-15-2020 | 02:51 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Originally Posted by MkC2S
This is the only set that I know of have LED's fog light (left side)....parking light is on also (surround light bar)

Which model is that?
I can't find anything looking like that.
Old 08-15-2020 | 07:59 PM
MkC2S
Drifting

Originally Posted by MagnusB
Which model is that?
I can't find anything looking like that.
they're Spec-D Tuning
https://www.amazon.com/Spec-D-Tuning-LT-91105RLED-TM-Tail-Light/dp/B06XTCZRSX/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3RCCD1P84BNIR&dchild=1&keywords=porsche+997+led+tail+lig hts&qid=1597531602&sprefix=porsche+997+led+tail%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-6

I got the Red/Clear version but I tinted the clear mid section

The following 2 users liked this post by MkC2S:
Marcus997 (04-05-2021), rmani (10-25-2022)
Old 09-07-2020 | 12:50 PM
faiz
Advanced

Default Looks great

Can u send more pics of the centre area tinted? Looks perfect.

Quick Reply: Best 997.1 LED Tail Light