Old 02-28-2020, 10:40 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 205 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by DocR
Got this job done last weekend.

@Steve 911 Your video was fantastic. I followed it exactly and it went smoothly. Took about two hours for the first one, then about 45min for the subsequent corners once I got more comfortable.

Thanks to Josh at @Meraki Autoworks for getting me the best price in the USA for the coilovers. Great service! Support your Rennlist sponsors everyone!

Once everything was in, I put each corner under load with the jack (car was on jack stands) and torqued up to spec. Zero creaks, groans or knocks from the suspension so far, a little bit more NVH in the cabin but this is strictly my fun car as I ride my bicycle to work.

The Foxwell NT530 made coding out the PASM straightforward, no errors on start-up.

Went and got the alignment today, I am really impressed with how the car rides. It was only a few miles there and back, but a few freeway interchanges and on-ramps. Looking forward to playing a bit more with the stiffness settings and perhaps height. The wheels are tucked in a bit now so I will get them back to flush with some spacers. Already have a stud conversion done.

Next up, possibly Numeric shifter, cables and gearbox oil change. Also considering replacing water-pump and coolant expansion tank for preventative maintenance coming into summer.

Great write up and thank you!

Car looks great..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 02-28-2020, 09:45 PM
Rgarcia
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Got this job done last weekend.

@Steve 911 Your video was fantastic. I followed it exactly and it went smoothly. Took about two hours for the first one, then about 45min for the subsequent corners once I got more comfortable.

Thanks to Josh at @Meraki Autoworks for getting me the best price in the USA for the coilovers. Great service! Support your Rennlist sponsors everyone!

Once everything was in, I put each corner under load with the jack (car was on jack stands) and torqued up to spec. Zero creaks, groans or knocks from the suspension so far, a little bit more NVH in the cabin but this is strictly my fun car as I ride my bicycle to work.

The Foxwell NT530 made coding out the PASM straightforward, no errors on start-up.

Went and got the alignment today, I am really impressed with how the car rides. It was only a few miles there and back, but a few freeway interchanges and on-ramps. Looking forward to playing a bit more with the stiffness settings and perhaps height. The wheels are tucked in a bit now so I will get them back to flush with some spacers. Already have a stud conversion done.

Next up, possibly Numeric shifter, cables and gearbox oil change. Also considering replacing water-pump and coolant expansion tank for preventative maintenance coming into summer.

How much did you pay for them?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:59 AM
DocR
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 51 Posts

@Steve 911 Sorry for the delayed reply. Car seems to have settled nicely and still no issues to report.

As for coding out the PASM, I did the following (similar to what is mentioned here AWE Tuning PASM Delete)

Differs slightly on the Foxwell:

Keys in ignition, set to 'on' so all dash lights and warning lights are on.

Main Menu>Porsche>Smart VIN>Programming>Gateway Control System>Codings adaptations>Required control unit lists>PASM

I then selected "Installed" and changed to "Not Installed". Saved this setting.

Exited out of the menus, shut off the car, and then unplugged the PASM unit.

There was no need to do a vehicle handoff that is mentioned in the AWE tuning document.

I've secured all the wiring in the car so that should I want to, the reverse can be done to go back to OEM.

Hope this helps.

@Rgarcia Josh was able to match the best advertised price I could find. I paid $1289 with tax, rear extenders, and shipping all included. Great deal!
The following 2 users liked this post by DocR:
Meraki Autoworks (03-04-2020), Steve 911 (03-04-2020)
Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

@DocR Thanks again for the tip on the Foxwell Scanner. This thing is awesome and helped me get rid of the light with ease.

I made a part 2 of my original video to show the PASM removal coding

The following 3 users liked this post by Steve 911:
415CPA (05-12-2020), DocR (03-07-2020), Presto (04-10-2021)
Old 06-14-2020, 11:16 PM
ill250
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for creating this video tutorial, I usually had a professional do my suspension install for my previous cars but I thought I'll tackle this on my own. Install went great and took it out for a test drive and everything seems good. I'll drive it around for a couple of miles to let the coilovers settle in before I take it to a wheel alignment shop. Also, I was able to disable the PASM error using the Foxwell NT510
The following users liked this post:
Steve 911 (06-16-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:49 AM
997ajk
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I am in the market for coilovers , narrowed it down to :

BC or Fortune Auto - has anyone compared these side by side. There is about $500 premium from Fortune Auto but they are easily rebuild-able. Any insight will help.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:16 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ill250
Thanks for creating this video tutorial, I usually had a professional do my suspension install for my previous cars but I thought I'll tackle this on my own. Install went great and took it out for a test drive and everything seems good. I'll drive it around for a couple of miles to let the coilovers settle in before I take it to a wheel alignment shop. Also, I was able to disable the PASM error using the Foxwell NT510
Glad it helped out! It's also helpful to know that the NT510 will work for coding on this.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Discomonkey
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi - for Steve and DocR, with the current height that you have, how much thread do you still have below the spring in the front? I’m trying to see if these coilovers will take a set of Stanceparts air cups but I need at least 30mm of room to accommodate the additional height of the air cups. Would you say you still have that much thread left? 30mm is just over 1”.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:22 AM
duns997gts
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Just ordered a set of the BC coilovers for my 997.2 as well.

I wanted to verify the Foxwell 530 worked to code out the pasm? I see that the 510 and 530 are available.

@Steve 911 Sorry for the delayed reply. Car seems to have settled nicely and still no issues to report.

As for coding out the PASM, I did the following (similar to what is mentioned here AWE Tuning PASM Delete)

Differs slightly on the Foxwell:

Keys in ignition, set to 'on' so all dash lights and warning lights are on.

Main Menu>Porsche>Smart VIN>Programming>Gateway Control System>Codings adaptations>Required control unit lists>PASM

I then selected "Installed" and changed to "Not Installed". Saved this setting.

Exited out of the menus, shut off the car, and then unplugged the PASM unit.

There was no need to do a vehicle handoff that is mentioned in the AWE tuning document.

I've secured all the wiring in the car so that should I want to, the reverse can be done to go back to OEM.

Hope this helps.

@Rgarcia Josh was able to match the best advertised price I could find. I paid $1289 with tax, rear extenders, and shipping all included. Great deal!

Quick Reply: DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers