Sponsored by:

DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Kirill Glazkov
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 911
Quick teaser of the new wheels. Will try to get some better shots soon and hopefully a video to go along with them

LOVE your wheels! What's the spec???

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 286 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirill Glazkov
LOVE your wheels! What's the spec???

Thanks!!
HRE C20, 19x8.5 and 19x11.5 in 996 turbo fitment.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Kirill Glazkov
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 911
HRE C20, 19x8.5 and 19x11.5 in 996 turbo fitment.
Thank you!

Do you know the offset?

Last edited by Kirill Glazkov; 01-11-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:44 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

If anyone needs pricing on BC coils let us know!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 01-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Kirill Glazkov
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
If anyone needs pricing on BC coils let us know!

-Josh
I’m actually in search for coilovers for my 997.1
Old 01-12-2020, 11:04 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirill Glazkov
I’m actually in search for coilovers for my 997.1
Sent you a PM!

-Josh
Old 01-29-2020, 12:22 PM
DocR
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 51 Posts

I am going to take the plunge and buy a set of BC Racing Coilovers. I will install these myself using the excellent guide and video from Steve 911.

Meraki Autoworks - I've sent an email to get an invoice.

Once installed it'll be off to my local indy to do an alignment.

Does anyone know the torque specs of the bolts that are removed in the video? Otherwise I'll be buying Jake's excellent book - I suppose I'll need it anyway.

Also, can the PASM be disabled with a Foxwell NT530, or does it require PIWIS and a trip to the dealer? I have the steps for deactivation on PIWIS saved as a PDF.

Thanks everyone.

Rob

The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:05 PM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DocR
I am going to take the plunge and buy a set of BC Racing Coilovers. I will install these myself using the excellent guide and video from Steve 911.

Meraki Autoworks - I've sent an email to get an invoice.

Once installed it'll be off to my local indy to do an alignment.

Does anyone know the torque specs of the bolts that are removed in the video? Otherwise I'll be buying Jake's excellent book - I suppose I'll need it anyway.

Also, can the PASM be disabled with a Foxwell NT530, or does it require PIWIS and a trip to the dealer? I have the steps for deactivation on PIWIS saved as a PDF.

Thanks everyone.

Rob
Is your current suspension shot and you don't want to replace with the same OEM components? I only ask because a lot of people with PASM seem to swear by the DSC controller from TPC Racing. I think I would probably go that route if I had PASM but I just have a base C2 so the BC Racing coilovers are what I plan on going with once it feels like (or have been told by inspection) that it's time to replace my suspension.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:14 PM
DocR
Rennlist Member

My current suspension is 50k miles old - not shot but could do with an update/refresh. Plus I want to go a bit lower.

One option was to go with Eibach/H&R springs plus TPC DSC (which is by all accounts an excellent unit) but by then I'd be at least at the same spend as the BC units (if not over) and still using my older struts.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:46 PM
mujeriega
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

My current suspension is 50k miles old - not shot but could do with an update/refresh. Plus I want to go a bit lower.

One option was to go with Eibach/H&R springs plus TPC DSC (which is by all accounts an excellent unit) but by then I'd be at least at the same spend as the BC units (if not over) and still using my older struts.
Fair points. Just wanted to make sure you were aware. Good luck with install and hope to hear how it went and how you're enjoying the new coilovers. I'll be there one of these days.
DocR (01-29-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 09:18 AM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Also, can the PASM be disabled with a Foxwell NT530, or does it require PIWIS and a trip to the dealer?
I disabled my PASM with a Durametric Pro. But one also has to unconnect the suspension computer in the passenger's footwell first. (I went from stock to Ohlin's R&Ts.)
DocR (02-03-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 04:33 PM
arscottp
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 145 Posts

Do these come with camber plates to adjust front or rear camber?
Old 02-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Originally Posted by arscottp
Do these come with camber plates to adjust front or rear camber?
The fronts have plates but they aren't easily adjustable when installed. The rears are non-adjustable camber wise.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:52 PM
DocR
Rennlist Member

Got this job done last weekend.

@Steve 911 Your video was fantastic. I followed it exactly and it went smoothly. Took about two hours for the first one, then about 45min for the subsequent corners once I got more comfortable.

Thanks to Josh at @Meraki Autoworks for getting me the best price in the USA for the coilovers. Great service! Support your Rennlist sponsors everyone!

Once everything was in, I put each corner under load with the jack (car was on jack stands) and torqued up to spec. Zero creaks, groans or knocks from the suspension so far, a little bit more NVH in the cabin but this is strictly my fun car as I ride my bicycle to work.

The Foxwell NT530 made coding out the PASM straightforward, no errors on start-up.

Went and got the alignment today, I am really impressed with how the car rides. It was only a few miles there and back, but a few freeway interchanges and on-ramps. Looking forward to playing a bit more with the stiffness settings and perhaps height. The wheels are tucked in a bit now so I will get them back to flush with some spacers. Already have a stud conversion done.

Next up, possibly Numeric shifter, cables and gearbox oil change. Also considering replacing water-pump and coolant expansion tank for preventative maintenance coming into summer.

The following 2 users liked this post by DocR:
airindia33 (09-05-2020), CK.GTS (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 AM
Steve 911
Pro

Got this job done last weekend.

@Steve 911 Your video was fantastic. I followed it exactly and it went smoothly. Took about two hours for the first one, then about 45min for the subsequent corners once I got more comfortable.

Thanks to Josh at @Meraki Autoworks for getting me the best price in the USA for the coilovers. Great service! Support your Rennlist sponsors everyone!

Once everything was in, I put each corner under load with the jack (car was on jack stands) and torqued up to spec. Zero creaks, groans or knocks from the suspension so far, a little bit more NVH in the cabin but this is strictly my fun car as I ride my bicycle to work.

The Foxwell NT530 made coding out the PASM straightforward, no errors on start-up.

Went and got the alignment today, I am really impressed with how the car rides. It was only a few miles there and back, but a few freeway interchanges and on-ramps. Looking forward to playing a bit more with the stiffness settings and perhaps height. The wheels are tucked in a bit now so I will get them back to flush with some spacers. Already have a stud conversion done.

Next up, possibly Numeric shifter, cables and gearbox oil change. Also considering replacing water-pump and coolant expansion tank for preventative maintenance coming into summer.

Glad to hear everything went well. Also, the car looks outstanding!

Quick question, mind sharing how you coded out the PASM with the Foxwell tool? I don't own the Foxwell, but thinking to pick one up if it can do this as my enthusiast durametric cable can't do it.

Quick Reply: DIY & Review - BC Racing Coilovers