Sponsored by:

09 997.2 sport PDK heated steering trouble Pls Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 07:23 PM
redkel69
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question 09 997.2 sport PDK heated steering trouble Pls Help

Greetings, I have accomplished a ton using info here and my awesome durametric pro. One thing killing me.
Long story, I purchased a vehicle with crazy low miles, but in need of a solid going over. Had a light wreck and PO went without airbag. Amazing. Well they wired the heated steering wheel button to the horn. I have a service manual with every wiring diagram except this steering wheel. It is super simple yet I think they cut the connector off from the Heated St button and hard wired it. Because of this I can't figure out what is normal.

Question: in attached pic, is this little two pin conn supposed to be for the heated steering button? I
Question: Does anyone have a sport wheel without the airbag they could sell?
Question: Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the steering wheel?
Question: Can anyone verify where the wire from the bottom of the airbag, (horn spade terminal) goes to? Normally when this is grounded, (airbag pushed in), horn sounds. Not mine yet this wire goes to the long 8 pin white connector in pic.
When a black wire from the orange connector that goes to the clock spring, one he spliced into, gets connected to the spade terminal the horn sounds? This one black wire is left open now, I removed the wires from the heated ST button, and has no where to go?

Thanks, I am just not wanting to give up on such a simple issue.

My heat wheel button has grey and blk/grey wires but they are cut off @ 3 inches, then were spliced into horn somehow.

Quick Reply: 09 997.2 sport PDK heated steering trouble Pls Help