Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disasterous Engine replacement Saved By Raby Motors!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 10:25 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Disasterous Engine replacement Saved By Raby Motors!

Short version and cautionary tale here:
Local LI shop (pm me for details) botched long block installation and buggered the warrantee to boot. Massive oil consumption, CEL's and misinformation. They had no advise other than 'drive it.' Total loss. I was in contact with fellow board mbr (Ben Z). Ben put in call to Jake Raby who was able to monitor my motor from Ga. via his personal equipment. Two months later (hurricane time out included) I received a text/video from Jake saying 'Its fixed' with attached readouts and sound bytes. Great bunch of folks out there in Cleveland Ga rebuilt and reinstalled the motor, LN redoing cylinders, Jake spending a lot of time putting it back together right. Thanks to all involved and to the impressive brain trust out there in 'Rabyville' who told me 'I got this' and then delivered. I hope no one here ever finds themselves as screwed as I was but should it happen, well you get the idea. Thanks Jake

Last edited by gpjli2; 11-24-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:16 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Excellent feedback!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:44 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

amazing feedback re the usa boss of these M-series motors. Jake does it again.

i would also have no problem being honest re a crappy business that had no problem doing a $h!t job and screwing over customers.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

At some point I will have Jake turn my 3.8 to a 4.0 (or 4.1 now?). It will be after I retire in about 2 years and leave KA.

His reputation is hard to compare by others and I will always pay for quality.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Happy to have helped.... You forgot the part where I stuck to my original estimate and didn’t charge you a dollar more than we’d agreed on up- front.🤓

The engine wasn’t the problem... The install and post- install was the problem. Coupled to a bit of aftermarket, bolt on “junk”, the engine didn’t stand a chance.

These days over half our workload comes from scenarios that were previously caused by another human that screwed things up.

Life here was much easier when all we had to do was fix the factory screw ups....These days following behind others is much more difficult.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:25 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by myw
amazing feedback re the usa boss of these M-series motors. Jake does it again.

i would also have no problem being honest re a crappy business that had no problem doing a $h!t job and screwing over customers.
Name of shop? TKX Performance in Huntington Station
Old 11-25-2017, 10:27 AM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Happy to have helped.... You forgot the part where I stuck to my original estimate and didn’t charge you a dollar more than we’d agreed on up- front.🤓

The engine wasn’t the problem... The install and post- install was the problem. Coupled to a bit of aftermarket, bolt on “junk”, the engine didn’t stand a chance.

These days over half our workload comes from scenarios that were previously caused by another human that screwed things up.

Life here was much easier when all we had to do was fix the factory screw ups....These days following behind others is much more difficult.
The gift that keeps on giving. Just go have a bumper sticker and plate frame made for petes sake
Old 11-25-2017, 04:58 PM
LISsailor
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by gpjli2
Name of shop? TKX Performance in Huntington Station
i thought TKX had a good reputation. They PPI’d a car for me and we’re very helpful. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Quick Reply: Disasterous Engine replacement Saved By Raby Motors!