Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What software updates did the 997.2 have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 06:23 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts
Default What software updates did the 997.2 have?

Maybe we can list down the software updates that the 997.2 had during its lifetime. I just recently read someone getting a sports mode update...
997.2 software updates:
1. Pdk software update- cures notchy operation and noise
2. Pcm 3 software update- did not do much for me.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,420 Likes on 862 Posts

None that I am aware of.

My friend at Ford noted that Ford is always tweaking the car's control software.... mostly for things they call "drivability" such as shifting when cold or slow starts when hot. Consumers are never made aware.... but if you should call a dealership and note the jerky shifting when cold... the dealer silently updates your software.

I gotta believe Porsche does this too..... but I am not aware of it.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 11-06-2017, 01:03 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Maybe we can list down the software updates that the 997.2 had during its lifetime. I just recently read someone getting a sports mode update...
997.2 software updates:
1. Pdk software update- cures notchy operation and noise

2. Pcm 3 software update- did not do much for me.
I got this "update" when the PDK was replaced on my -09 C4S. To each their own but to me this was not an update but a downgrade. It basically transformed sport plus mode to sport mode and sport mode to normal mode. No argument, the shifts in sport plus were smoother but they also felt much slower. Instead of the snap and (slight) jolt shifts with the original sport plus tuning, the "updated" version sort of rolled over from one gear to the next. I told my service advisor I hated the upgrade and wanted it reverted back to the old tuning. Not an option he said.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:11 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

The pdk software update has a lot of versions. I saw it on the piwis while they were doing it on my car... I opted not for the latest version but just the version following the one installed on my car... Normal was.smoother and.snaps in sport and sport plus still there...
Let's hope others could also chime in who has had other OEM SOFTWARE updates on their 997.2.

Quick Reply: What software updates did the 997.2 have?