Sponsored by:

997.2 Glove Box Removal. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Ray N
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Glove Box Removal. HELP!

I have a 2010 997.2 Coupe. I am trying to remove the glove box to get to the wires behind it. I am able to remove the two panels to the right and I can remove the Torx screws. However, there is still something holding it in place. I looked online but can't seem to find the right description. The dealer said I should remove the cup holder assembly, but I can't seem to find the screws that hold the assembly together. If anyone has removed this before or have the schematics on how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:47 AM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

This may help. You do have to remove the cup holder and I think the inside trim of the glove box. I had to the same thing to get to the damn glove box light micro switch after I blew it installing LED bulbs.

http://www.macarbon.com/install_guid...structions.pdf

http://www.macarbon.com/install_guid...stallation.pdf
Old 10-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Ray N
AutoX

Thank you so much for the links. I think they will be very helpful. I am not sure about the one for the cup holders. I can swear that mine has no screws that I can see, but I will look again. Interesting to know that the screws are hidden under the felt.

Like you, I am trying to figure out why I can't get my light to work. I was trying to use LED and I must have fried something. After trying several LED bulbs in the footwells and none worked, I decided to limit the LED to everything but the footwells. I even bought a new housing but that didn't work either. I think I may have tugged on the wire from the glovebox and now the ground is touching the positive.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:44 AM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

As hard as it is to believe, there is no fuse for the glove box light circuit. The "fuse" is the micro switch behind the glove box that is activated by the door opening and closing. The damn switch is about $60.00 at discounted online dealers like Gaudin. The link below is the switch and harness you need to replace.

Took me half a day and the cost of the switch to get my light to work again. Learned the hard way to always disconnect the battery when working on anything electrical.

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/o...MtOGwtaDYtZ2Fz
Old 10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Ray N
AutoX

Good to know. I am not sure if the switch is bad on mine. Initial testing shows there is power to the housing but the light bulb wont come on. I think I tugged on it too much. I may have to do some more testing as I get the glove box off. Unfortunately, that may be a while since she is now parked in a tight space for the limited winter driving.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:35 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

The LEDs I bought would slightly unseat themselves and not work. Some crimping of the contact points and I haven't had a problem yet. Have you checked that the bulb is fully seated?

Quick Reply: 997.2 Glove Box Removal. HELP!