Old 10-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Definitive Porsche Guides
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Calling 997 Owners to feature in the Definitive 997 Guide

Hi Guys and Girls,
We have decided to add a new chapter to the 997 guide, covering owner's cars.
Edited to add that we have now received a good number of great owner’s articles, so have completed the owner’s section addition. If you still fancy taking part do feel free to complete your piece and we can then include them with any future additions. Thanks to all who took part

This has proved popular in our 996 Kindle book and forum members have a huge amount of knowledge and real experience to share.

We have prepared a basic question set for ease of completion. If you are interested in sharing your experiences and knowledge (along with an image of your car/you) then please pop me a PM and I'll email over the template. Depending on the take up we can't guarantee to feature everyone, but we will do our best.

If you have already purchased the 997 guide (or are about to) fear not as we will be pushing a free update to include the new owner's section once it is completed. One of the many benefits of Kindle versions over a printed version.

If you haven't seen the guide and want to check it out, you can download a sample section foc to your Kindle app here -
Amazon Amazon

Edited to add that we have now received a good number of great owner’s articles, so have completed the owner’s section addition. If you still fancy taking part do feel free to complete your piece and we can then include them with any future additions. Thanks to all who took part

Last edited by Definitive Porsche Guides; 12-02-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Hi All thanks to those that have already PM'd me but I have fallen at the first post (LOL ) not being able to attach the Word document via Rennlist PM.... so it seems easier to pop the question set headers in the body of this post, so everyone can see what's involved. Some owners complete an in-depth piece sharing all their knowledge, others a simple summary set, all are welcome and we would like to cover most models if possible.
If you fancy getting involved just copy and paste the question set into your word processing software, add your own text below each header and then when ready copy & paste back into a PM and I can extract it from there..... Thanks for your help

Owners Cars

In this section we have included opinions and advice from real owners of the various models. You really can’t beat the insights provided by people who live with the cars day by day. You will notice that many are serial Porsche 911 owners, which says much for the loyalty the brand can inspire! Below we take a look at what first inspired people to buy a 997 series 911, the positives and negatives of ownership, faults they may have encountered, hints & tips on getting the best out of the cars & a summary of their overall 997 experience.

Introduction (brief summary about you, age/profession)

What first drew you to consider and then purchase a Porsche 997 (+ maybe a few past cars showing the path)

Which model 997 do you have & why did you choose it (also what attracted you to your particular 997, options, colour, service history, condition, etc & how long have you owned the car/s)

Positives (Things you enjoy about the car)

Negatives (Design faults, quirks & hassles)

Any faults or unexpected costs experienced (IMS – Bore scoring – etc)

Thoughts/advice on running costs(rough costs for depreciation, service, tyres, brakes, sundries, extra aftermarket additions etc any personal tips on saving money or avoiding issues – like those detailed above)

Your own top tips for buying & owning a 997 (including your favourite and least favourite options/ best model and model year recommendations)

Overall Summary of ownership experience (taking into account the styling, driving, running costs, reliability, etc)

<+ PHOTO of the car/ yourself either or both (optional) PLEASE ATTACH SEPERATELY.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Bump........
We are keen for some more 997 forum regulars to share their ownership experiences.... see question list above
Old 11-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Just a quick post to say a BIG thankyou to Colin - Michael - Andy - Rhett - Christian - David - Peter and Riccardo
Thanks to their input the 997 guide has now grown by another 15 pages to a huge 225 total and gained some great real owner insights, tips and experiences.
If you have already purchased the guide we will be asking Amazon to push an update to you, as described previously, but this may take a few weeks (from past experience!). If you haven't supported the project yet then the owner's section is now included and live on Kindle, we have also held the special offer price until the end of the week.
THANKS AGAIN GUY'S
Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Picking sunflowers in northern Maryland.

At a lodge in the Pocono foothills in Pennsylvania.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:42 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I couldn't download the requested hi-rez photos any other way. I hope this is acceptable? Requesting forgiveness from others, please.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Brooks, thanks for the images, I'm sure fellow rennlisters will enjoy seeing your lovely Targa.

Thanks again for the owner's piece, I'll add it to the guide as mentioned in my last PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Brooks, I have manged to get your piece included with the owner’s section addition, so we are now at 227 pages, 17 of which are from 997 owners.

We have also chatted to Amazon and they have agreed to offer a free update to all who have already kindly purchased the guide. If you aren’t sure how to get the updated version FOC, then post here or PM me.

Thanks again to Brooks and all the other guys listed above.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Just to let everyone who has already kindly purchased the guide know that the updates are now live and available for you FOC
You need automatic updates turned on for Kindle then follow the steps below and you will find the new owner’s section (17 pages) include. The guide is now up to 227 comprehensive pages on all aspects of the 997. A big thankyou once again to all the owners who kindly shared their experiences
Amazon Amazon

1/ Log into your Amazon account on the main Amazon website

2/ Under "Your Account" (top right) from the drop down box select -
"Manage Content and Devices"

3/ This should have a list of all your Kindle Titles - with the following headings

Select - Actions - Title - Author - Date - Collections

4/ To the right of Collections, any books that have updates available should have a click bar to the right saying"Update Available"... providing this is working correctly you should be able to manually select any update by clicking this button

Quick Reply: Calling 997 Owners to feature in the Definitive 997 Guide