New engine and DME report

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New engine and DME report

Hi all,
Anyone have experience of a car with a new engine and a DME report? Do You get the new engine hours out or do You get old + new engine hours. Have not tested this myself and wonder how You identify when the new engine acutally was put in....
Interested in both gen 1 and gen 2...
Old 10-06-2017, 07:32 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik964
Hi all,
Anyone have experience of a car with a new engine and a DME report? Do You get the new engine hours out or do You get old + new engine hours. Have not tested this myself and wonder how You identify when the new engine acutally was put in....
Interested in both gen 1 and gen 2...
Was the ECU replaced also - that's where all the data resides. Original ECU - historical data. New ECU - new data.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:55 PM
gopirates
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a replacement engine. I insisted on having a DME after the replacement so I could have it for posterity and to show the future buyer if I ever sell the car.

From my recollection it showed the same metrics prior to the replacement. I lucky as mine only had a very few range 1s and nothing else.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:02 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Was the ECU replaced also - that's where all the data resides. Original ECU - historical data. New ECU - new data.
Thats logical. Anyone know what Porsche did as std procedure, replace ecu or leave the old. And IF they leave it in are there anyway to readout the engine hours for the new engine. (Of course read the receipt from the engine swap )

Quick Reply: New engine and DME report