Gateway Controller ECU Location

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:57 AM
997GuardsRed
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gateway Controller ECU Location

Hi All,

I‘m trying to locate the CAN Gateway controller ECU in my 2005 Carrera S. I have been searching the web but haven’t been able to find anything useful. Pictures or diagrams would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:01 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Gateway location

Originally Posted by 997GuardsRed
Hi All,

I‘m trying to locate the CAN Gateway controller ECU in my 2005 Carrera S. I have been searching the web but haven’t been able to find anything useful. Pictures or diagrams would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Open the hood and remove the black plastic battery cover and the cover that is over and around the windshield wiper fluid fill location.
Look under the driver side (USA) windshield wiper linkage and you should see a black plastic cover that is roughly 5"x 8" with three Philips head screws holding it down. Remove the screws and the cover and the gateway is clipped to the bottom of the cover. You will be able to look down into the driver side foot well a little with the cover removed.
If you have a bad gateway, I found one on ebay for $40 so if you need one they are out there. It would probably need to be re-coded but if you have a Durametric pro it should do it for you.
good luck
bill

Quick Reply: Gateway Controller ECU Location