Sponsored by:

CPO and Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:08 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
You've missed the point. Of course plugs are not part of warranty service. They are, however, part of bringing a car's service up to date which occurs any time you purchase a car from a dealer who is CPOing it- they should have been replaced at that time.
+1
Old 10-03-2017, 05:29 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
You've missed the point. Of course plugs are not part of warranty service. They are, however, part of bringing a car's service up to date which occurs any time you purchase a car from a dealer who is CPOing it- they should have been replaced at that time.
OK - I understand now. If OP is going to go for plug replacement (at 4 years), he should probably ask about all the other time driven maintenance items such as drive belt replacement (at 6 years), tire sealant replacement (at 4 years), air filter (at 4 years) - maybe some other stuff too...or maybe it was done as part of the CPO process.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 PM
white rock
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was CPO'd in Texas and they replaced them here in Atlanta no questions asked. I had 2 go out, then they offered to replace all of them under warranty
Old 10-07-2017, 05:51 PM
max540i
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a follow up. Turns out that the dealership had also recommended brake flush, when they realized that both items should have been performed when the car was CPO'd they performed them at no-charge.

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
... he should probably ask about all the other time driven maintenance items such as ...
Thanks for that! When I picked up the car, I reviewed the service records with the SA, turns out that the drive belt had not been replaced and the all-wheel drive controller oil had not been changed. SA assured me that if its part of the CPO they will take care of it on the next service. (The tire sealant wasn't replaced, but I think I'll let that slide)

So far, between the car and the dealership, I'm quite happy with the whole Porsche experience.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 PM
davidb1pa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PCM went after winter storage and went to local dealer to get a under warranty replacement and have my service light reset.
They replaced the PCM after 3 1/2 hr wait and said they wont reset the service light because my oil was changed 13 months ago ( drove 800 miles) and Porsche recommends 12 months or 10,000 miles. Then they want to replace spark plugs at 8,000 miles , do brake service and update sealant can ( I would never use) and get a flat bed.
I agree with brake service but do the plugs and sealant need done?
I guess I need to find an independent mechanic The Boxster is 2014.

Hope this is the right place to get an opinion. Thanks

Quick Reply: CPO and Spark Plugs