Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT: GT3TEK Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

I have personally used this company on many occasions since 2010 bought many products, always excellent quality-They make these products or outsource some parts, so you have to be patient as there are delays sometimes before slandering them online- Making such a thread saying "SCAM ALERT" is totally unfair to a vendor like GT3TEK, it sounds like you are an impatient nightmare customer to deal with - you go on all the forums and try to wreck their reputation? These guys have a solid very good reputation in the community for years, There are OTHER WAYS TO GO ABOUT THIS instead of totally SLANDERING a business and calling "SCAM" when really its just slow miscommunication. Effecting someones lively hood like this is serious stuff!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:15 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Are all you gt3tek supporters saying it's perfectly normal that a refund takes over 10days?

This is what the OP has an issue with. Refunds don't take that long.
I agree he could have renamed the thread title a bit more appropriately instead of scam alert.

If gt3tek is reading this, please give the man his refund. A bad review about you on the internet will cost you thousands of dollars in lost business customers when all you have to do is give a few hundred dollars back and resolve this asap.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
I have personally used this company on many occasions since 2010 bought many products, always excellent quality-They make these products or outsource some parts, so you have to be patient as there are delays sometimes before slandering them online- Making such a thread saying "SCAM ALERT" is totally unfair to a vendor like GT3TEK, it sounds like you are an impatient nightmare customer to deal with - you go on all the forums and try to wreck their reputation? These guys have a solid very good reputation in the community for years, There are OTHER WAYS TO GO ABOUT THIS instead of totally SLANDERING a business and calling "SCAM" when really its just slow miscommunication. Effecting someones lively hood like this is serious stuff!
Your post comes across as a bit biased, perhaps you know the vendor?

IMHO the customer is always right, and I appreciate the OP sharing facts publicly after wasting his time on a bad customer experience

Agree that calling credit card to stop payment is the easiest route. That and keeping this thread alive so that as a community we don't have to deal with poorly run businesses like this one
Old 09-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Backmarker
Your post comes across as a bit biased, perhaps you know the vendor?

IMHO the customer is always right, and I appreciate the OP sharing facts publicly after wasting his time on a bad customer experience

Agree that calling credit card to stop payment is the easiest route. That and keeping this thread alive so that as a community we don't have to deal with poorly run businesses like this one
i do not know the vendor, what are we? children here? but i've bought side skirts for both my 997's and my 996 from them 3 different times.

calling them "SCAMMERS" is absolutely uncalled for, slow miscommunication yes and is wrong, and they should have responded quicker, however i don't see any kind of "scam" the word scam is a big word
Old 09-15-2017, 04:34 PM
mpath
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
i do not know the vendor, what are we? children here? but i've bought side skirts for both my 997's and my 996 from them 3 different times.

calling them "SCAMMERS" is absolutely uncalled for, slow miscommunication yes and is wrong, and they should have responded quicker, however i don't see any kind of "scam" the word scam is a big word
+1. So someone sets up a business, operates it for a number of years selling its products, just so it can then "scam" someone for a $100?

Sounds like the lone Yelp review for "worst beer ever" at a reputable pub. But still not a scam.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:08 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mpath
+1. So someone sets up a business, operates it for a number of years selling its products, just so it can then "scam" someone for a $100?

Sounds like the lone Yelp review for "worst beer ever" at a reputable pub. But still not a scam.
Exactly- scam is a big word and now when people google gt3tek they will encouter "scam" the OP if he had any sense would understand he is having bad service, ok..vendor isn't being diligent, but scam? you are effecting a companies livelihood and how people put food on their table.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:49 PM
snethss
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I figured 997 owners would be able to handle themselves when a transaction goes poorly instead of blasting "scam" on the forum.

- Go through their customer support.
- Put in the effort to at least make a phone call to follow up that email. Email is great for tracking, but it's terrible for human interaction.
- Start a dispute with your credit card. Every credit card company has this. You dont need a gold/platinum/emerald special credit card.
- Let credit card company deal with them and get your refund.

I've had transactions go poorly with all types of vendors and products. Give them a chance to make it right, and then do what you need to start a dispute.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

UPDATE: For all those who defend this "poor, lowly, just trying to make a living" vendor who got called out by a big, bad customer who paid-in-full on August 4th 2018 and who has yet to receive ZERO... what else can I say that has not been said (both for and against).

For those of you who've had positive experiences, although I did notice that these were in some cases years ago... good for you!

As for me, it's not about backed up production or heightened demand because a while back I told them outright that I did NOT their product. So take a look at the screen print of their last email, it's date and their promise of a full refund which I have yet to receive. Enough said...

Old 09-15-2017, 06:26 PM
mpath
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

But it's still not a scam.

Bernie Madoff = scam

You own a Porsche. You might be out of pocket a few hundred bucks. So you got scammed? Really?

I don't think anyone here is "defending" the company, per se. Some of us just disagree with the way you're handling a company's customer service. Keep in mind they're not Amazon, able to refund you online and instantly.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:25 PM
9nein7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpath
You own a Porsche. You might be out of pocket a few hundred bucks. So you got scammed? Really?
I disagree with that statement unless if I'm misunderstanding your point. The type of car we own and the financial situation we're in (or not in) has no bearing on whether we should look the other way with ANY amount of money lost. Can I go on ferrarichat and stiff each member $1000 and still not classify it as a scam? Chock it up as a "rich guy problem" expense I suppose?

Although I do agree that the OP's verbiage is hasty and contemptuous. I think your situation can be considered a "pending transaction." If you hear and get nothing after a few weeks or even another month, then yes, you got "scammed" and should elevate to the proper party (read: cc company).

FWIW as someone new here and someone who thought gt3tek was a good forum vendor from what I read in other lip/spoiler related threads, reading your title definitely swayed my opinion and tarnished their reputation a bit. That is until I jumped in and actually read the thread. I think your verbiage is really doing some damage, but then again, I think that's exactly what you intended...
Old 09-15-2017, 09:28 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 9nein7
FWIW as someone new here and someone who thought gt3tek was a good forum vendor from what I read in other lip/spoiler related threads, reading your title definitely swayed my opinion and tarnished their reputation a bit. That is until I jumped in and actually read the thread. I think your verbiage is really doing some damage, but then again, I think that's exactly what you intended...

But where's gt3tek jumping in on the forum to clear things up and spread goodwill and puppies? This thread has been on the first page for a while...
Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 PM
phily911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Totally agree that SCAM is the wrong word here. Bad customer service is what this is all about.

I think they don't give a you know what about the guy buying a $250 spoiler. They really care about the bumper and wing orders.

Bad way way to manage a small biz, you gotta treat every customer like you can't survivor without their business.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:15 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfisticuffs
But where's gt3tek jumping in on the forum to clear things up and spread goodwill and puppies? This thread has been on the first page for a while...
+1

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSR
+1

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Hell, GT3Tek had another thread going where they were selling something and I posted on that thread that they should come over to this one and address the issue. That was maybe two weeks ago.

But the OP has his own problems today. I hope everything is ok with him and his people down in Puerto Rico.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:59 PM
nismosd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3+ weeks for a small electronic refund is unacceptable for any company regardless of size. As stated above, wishing the best for the victims of the current hurricanes.

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT: GT3TEK Spoilers