Sponsored by:

SCAM ALERT: GT3TEK Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts
Default SCAM ALERT: GT3TEK Spoilers

August 3: GT3TEK (also d.b.a. Better Bodies Motorsports Designs) posted on this site a “Hot Summer Sale $250.00 All Front Lips”.

August 4: Sent them email requesting shipping charges to Puerto Rico, which the answered with $61.00. Since their system had provision to enter this charge, I sent them another email asking for a person/phone to call in my credit card number. Which I did , we processed the payment and they billed me $331.00.

August 12: Upon checking my credit card charges I noticed something was off. The lip was $250.00, shipping $61.00 = $311.00 but I had been billed $331.00. Sent them an email claiming $20.00 refund for overcharge. Got email back saying they “would look into it”.

August 15: Emailed again asking for overcharge refund. Got email back saying that they would process a credit to my credit card.

August 20: No refund and no spoiler! So emailed them again reminding them that in a previous they committed to an overcharge refund. Got email back saying they “would look into it”.

August 31: Still no refund nor spoiler! Emailed them again stating that having received neither of the aforementioned, I had no interests in neither their product nor in doing business with them. Hence, I wanted my full $331.00 refunded.

August 31: They replied with one mail that my credit card had been refunded $20.00. Got another email over an hour later saying We apologize for the inconvenience. We will have the accounting office refund your full order.”.

September 5: Not having received my pending refund of $311.00, I emailed them again asking why I had not yet received my refund and my dismay at their questionable business practices and lack of follow through on their commitments. I gave them 24 hours to make good on their promise on August 31 of a “full refund” and should they not, I would out them in this forum and all applicable consumer protection agencies in their state.

September 10: No response, no refund! So now I leave it up to you and you be the judge if you want to go through similar shoddy experiences when or if you consider doing business with them.

BTW: My delay in posting this after the September 5th ultimatum? Well it was due to the intervention of Hurricane Irma that hit us later that same day. Hence, it was just today that power and internet service was restored to my home.

PS: Should these folks care to refute anything that I’ve previously said, please note that I have all my emails and theirs in response. Therefore, I can make them available to any interested party or even publish them should that be necessary.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:02 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Did they ever issue a tracking number? Perhaps the courier lost the parcel?
Old 09-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

No, they NEVER shipped nor did they ever make any mention of shipping in all the back and forth emails.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

GT3TEK customer service is terrible. I bought a spoiler lip for my 996 C4S a few years ago that wouldn't fit properly, and they stopped communicating with me as I tried to return it. I ended up eating the cost. I will never buy from them again. My experience showed them to have an inferior product and horrible customer service. Sorry for your bad experience.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

thank you for posting your experience. I wish more members would post their bad experiences/reviews about such vendors. It is important to let the whole community know the good and bad vendors so others dont suffer.

I was interested in the gt3tek front lip as well, emailed them 2-3 times with no response. That was a good enough warning sign for me since i am an international customer and just to even purchased a product if vendor does not reply to emails just imagine if i need any after sales support.
I will never buy anything from them.

Hopefully you get your money back, if not can you go through your credit card company for a chargeback?
Old 09-11-2017, 12:42 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto
thank you for posting your experience. I wish more members would post their bad experiences/reviews about such vendors. It is important to let the whole community know the good and bad vendors so others dont suffer.

I was interested in the gt3tek front lip as well, emailed them 2-3 times with no response. That was a good enough warning sign for me since i am an international customer and just to even purchased a product if vendor does not reply to emails just imagine if i need any after sales support.
I will never buy anything from them.

Hopefully you get your money back, if not can you go through your credit card company for a chargeback?
I bought a spoiler from them for my 997.1. It was on sale for $250 with shipping, arrived in 2 days, fit perfectly. They did forget to include the instructions but I sent them an email and they sent a PDF file in 2 hours.

So.....
Old 09-11-2017, 07:18 AM
///MD
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took me 10 months to get my order straightened out. Had to involve Lawyer action. See thread here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...gt3-tek-2.html
Old 09-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Linnm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges
Old 09-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Thank you all for your support and for sharing your own experiences. It seems that they have a pretty shoddy reputation and the worse of it is that they continue to get away with it.

They've also moved on to "sell" rear wings and bumpers to improve their scamming cash flow.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Linnm
Call your credit card company and dispute the charges
^This. It's not rocket science, and you should not have to waste your time with deadlines and ultimatums -it is, after all, your money.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:44 PM
mpath
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

FWIW, I've bought two spoilers from them with no issues. Both times they came within a week, and they were responsive and professional to my emails.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought a rear wing for my 993 from them. They hand delivered it to me at the San Diego airport for no charge. The fit and finish were good.
If you have a question, call them on the telephone. I've had excellent service from them.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:29 PM
997_4me
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They have terrible service. I bought a lip for my 997 and it took about an extra week longer than expect. I'm in LA and they're located about 90 minutes south, in SD. I'm currently selling it (never been painted ) locally on CL if anyone is interested. I dry fitted the lip and fits great. I decided to go with the aero front bumper instead.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:00 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your refund or product soon. I suspect you being in Puerto Rico has something to do with this. Probably the first quoted you $61 and then realized shipping maybe more and just went ahead and charged more, or simply typo.

It doesn't sound like scam though, more like bad and slow customer service from small company... which I've seen quite a bit. Hence, I typically don't deal with such companies as it's always something or another of a miss.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Here's some advise for everyone: Charge using a American Express Gold Card. They stood behind me so many times I can't list them all from getting me back $1000 from a dealership on a deposit on a Porsche they wouldn't give me, to $500 on a double payment to Medicare that Medicare still hasn't looked into after almost 2 years. Am Ex will delay billing you, deduct the amount off from coming due until they investigate. After 3 months if they don't hear back from the party they credit your account. And they extend mfg warranties by a year. I've been an AmEx Gold card holder for 36 yrs. It's the only one I trust to stand behind me.
The following users liked this post:
gcthree (03-29-2020)

Quick Reply: SCAM ALERT: GT3TEK Spoilers