Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this 997TT color combo / condition?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017 | 01:47 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Here are your comps.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=178367839

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=184555206

$55k sounds about right but you have to love the color combo. Im not a fan of silver, but the Coco is smart. This car looks like it needs some cosmetic attention, but if it passes a mechanical inspection, your bought the cheapest 2007 Turbo in the country.

Buying cheap means you have to make some compromises. Otherwise spend more to get a more desirable car.

The top one is a Tip so the lower price is understandable.

Yes, $58K for this is a decent deal for sure...But like said, getting it back up to standard could cost me several thousand.

Looking at this one... Nice and I'd hope they'd come down a bit more...They had it a while.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Old 09-09-2017 | 02:17 AM
911-997
Burning Brakes

I can byte everything on the car including cosmetic issues except that brown interior. I am not sure how people like it but it is a big NO NO for me
Old 09-09-2017 | 02:39 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Big Swole
The top one is a Tip so the lower price is understandable.

Yes, $58K for this is a decent deal for sure...But like said, getting it back up to standard could cost me several thousand.

Looking at this one... Nice and I'd hope they'd come down a bit more...They had it a while.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Those sneaky........they listed it as manual on cargurus and on their website. But when you look at the interior pics....Tip.
Old 09-09-2017 | 02:42 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Those sneaky........they listed it as manual on cargurus and on their website. But when you look at the interior pics....Tip.
Pretty common issue... First thing i do when checking out a new listing is either pull the build sheet if they list the VIN or look for an interior picture to verify its a manual...
Old 09-09-2017 | 05:22 AM
FZP
Instructor

Not inclusive of the cosmetic blemishes, the colour combo or GT Silver/Cocoa interior is becoming a desirable combination due to its relationship with the launch colour of the Carrera GT.
I had no idea about this until I took mine into a dealer and they offered to buy it from me because if it.
The cosmetic stuff is all an easy fix and doesn't necessarily need to cost big money.
The crash damage would require further investigation to be considered seriously for me.
Old 09-09-2017 | 01:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

^^^^ Good to know FZP....Thank you!!

This car has my interested as well...07, PCCB, 40K miles, 30k service done, etc...Car fax looks pretty goo.

Thoughts on it and price????

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1676/overview/
Old 09-09-2017 | 01:28 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by gotgolf52
1st suggestion: post this in 997 Turbo forum
2nd: accident report need detail of what happened and list of professional repair or you will get hard time resale later, also it will effect the price (lower).
3rd: lots of minor imperfections but you need proper PPI report and DME report
4th: PCCB rotors are excellent but expensive to replace. Make sure it still have lots of life left on it
Price: I said ballpark in the $50k ish.
50k range would be a lot of money for a wrecked high mileage Turbo. I wouldn't pay more than 46k
Old 09-09-2017 | 03:22 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FZP
Not inclusive of the cosmetic blemishes, the colour combo or GT Silver/Cocoa interior is becoming a desirable combination due to its relationship with the launch colour of the Carrera GT.
I had no idea about this until I took mine into a dealer and they offered to buy it from me because if it.
The cosmetic stuff is all an easy fix and doesn't necessarily need to cost big money.
The crash damage would require further investigation to be considered seriously for me.
Sorry but I disagree. Cocoa brown is not that desirable. Infact if it was desirable, you would have seen most of member on this thread liking that color, however most don't
Old 09-09-2017 | 04:08 PM
FZP
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911-997
Sorry but I disagree. Cocoa brown is not that desirable. Infact if it was desirable, you would have seen most of member on this thread liking that color, however most don't
That's ok. Difference of opinion is what makes these forums interesting. You've singled out the cocoa thing. It was the combo of external/internal colour scheme that made It interesting. I don't like cocoa in any other colour combo. It may be a geographical thing. This was a UK dealer that informed me of this. A neighbour of mine has the same turbo and colour scheme.
Old 09-09-2017 | 04:08 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Don't care for the silver or the Brown!
Old 09-09-2017 | 06:07 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

I would jump on this car IF A) exterior was white and B) it didnt have the roof dent that went to metal. The dent is going to require repainting and matching silver can be tricky.

The dark brown is a throw back to a lot of 60-80's cars. I would update it with tan carpets, silver center console and ditch the carbon.

The sellers need to have a good detailer/interior guy spend a weekend with that car. It would be worth the investment.
Old 09-10-2017 | 12:32 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OEM CF doesn't wear very well. That console certainly had the carbon start delaminating from the plastic console frame and they tried to prevent further progression with the rivets, but it's pretty much trash at this point and the top area isn't far behind. My CF door pocket covers on my '05 did the same thing (I replaced them with leather) so if the door lids are also CF they're probably next, also if the defroster trim at the base of the windshield has the CF strip, it too will delaminate and curl up. Don't get me wrong, I love CF interior trim and have quite a bit in my car - some OEM, some db carbon, and some MA carbon.

I actually really like like cocoa leather, but if you have plans to do any other interior changes, it's a really hard color to find used parts in and you'd be much better off with black. One of my favorite 997s of all time was a GT silver RUF R-Kompresor like mine with cocoa interior and CF package (that car is in Chile now) - pics of it are in the attached PDF.

PCCB rotors need to be checked super carefully for chips in the edge, delamination, and the wear buttons that are integrated into the carbon surface.

Turbos and GT cars also have a coolant pipe issue where they come unglued from the manifold. If the car hasn't had them replaced with pinned or metal welded versions installed, that will need to be done from a safety perspective, as when they let do, they spray coolant all over the rear tires, causing loss of control.

With the accident history and cosmetic defects, I think the right # on that car is $50k pending a PPI that doesn't reveal further issues.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RUF 997 Kompressor.pdf (2.47 MB, 75 views)
Old 09-10-2017 | 12:40 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Thanks again for the replies folks!!

I don't think they can sell it cheap enough for me to want to buy it.

I think I'm going to spend more to get a better car and color combo I like.
Old 09-10-2017 | 01:29 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

OP, good for you. Dont compromise and get exactly what you want even if it cost a few bucks more.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 997TT color combo / condition?