Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 PM
AlohaFlyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past month I purchased a Mobridge M2 Connect for my 2007 997 C2 Cab, with PCM 2.1 DVD (No factory CD changer, telephone, or NAV). I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

The installer and I figured out that there are two little grates on the top of the stereo.... the left one is for the Bose noise cancelling, and the right one was empty and was designed for the factory mic for the factory phone kit. We we used the one on the right for the mic install. I love the fact that you can not see the mic... it appears to be factory, which is what I was hoping for.

Everything sounds excellent!! The music streams really nice, and I can skip songs right from the dash. The telephone sounds really good.... there is a code (in the manual) you can use to adjust the mic gain, and my installer did a nice job testing that to perfection. My only gripe is that the telephone address book downloads the first 99 entries in your phone, and I can not add, delete, or choose those that get loaded. So the solution for that is pick the person you are calling via Siri or from your phone contacts and the PCM picks it up nicely... or you can manual dial with the keypad... but honestly... who remembers peoples phone numbers anymore.. lol! Also the SOS button works and prompts you to call emergency services with a Yes/No when selected.

Let me know if you guys have any questions on the Mobridge setup... I am in Hawaii in Hilo and had it installed by Bear's Racing. They had to become a Mobridge dealer just to sell it to me and install it for me... so I gotta give them 5 stars for a great first install effort. We also do not have a Porsche dealership on the island and thus have no access to a PIWIS tool... I'm glad we didn't need that! Whew!!!

I am very happy with the sound quality of both the telephone and the music, but it loses 1 star on the address book integration. So 4 out of 5 stars for me... but I would do it again!

I don't think there is a better setup out there for those that would like to keep their factory PCM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bluetooth?