Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn off TPMS warnings but still get pressures readouts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Turn off TPMS warnings but still get pressures readouts?

Is that possible? I've seen posts that mention turning off TPMS but does that completely disable the system?

I guess that what I would like is to be able to just turn off warnings of pressure differences but still get the display of the tire pressures.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Astur
Is that possible? I've seen posts that mention turning off TPMS but does that completely disable the system?

I guess that what I would like is to be able to just turn off warnings of pressure differences but still get the display of the tire pressures.
Showing the pressure differences and showing the tire pressures are two different menu selections. I believe the owner's manual will tell you how to select the display you want - about page 110 in my manual.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:57 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Astur

To completely disable the TPMS you have to disable it using PIWIS and also disconnect the module located inside the frunk.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

I realize that since English is not my primary language something may have been misconstrued in the way I posed my question. Hence, I will make another attempt at seeking counsel for what I hope is attainable.

First of all, I do NOT want to totally disable and much less remove my TPMS system. What I really seek is to maintain the actual display of tire pressures BUT NOT HAVE THE SYSTEM WARM ME that I need to add air because my pressures are out of range.

In other words.... maintain the pressures display but do away with the warnings.

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Anyone please...
Old 08-30-2017, 01:35 PM
mikemessi
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 997.2 base carrera optioned with 19in wheels and limited slip. Without that option base carreras come with 18 in wheels. When I go in and set up tpms on the dash I can select between 18in winter, 18 in summer, and 19 in summer tires. If I select either 18 in winter or 18 in summer option it allows me to run lower pressures (low 30s) before light comes on even though I'm running 19in summer tires.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:51 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks like if you want to disable the warning you lose the TPMS system altogether.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:55 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

It might be possible. In Durametric Pro there are options to disable individual warning messages. Not sure which ones map to the TPMS warnings you want to disable though. Start with floatingkiwi's spreadsheet and look for RDK messages (German abbreviation for TPMS)

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ns-manual.html
Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
It looks like if you want to disable the warning you lose the TPMS system altogether.
He said he doesn't want to disable - I believe what he wants is the display to show tire pressures all the time and not switch over to a different display when the pressures drop below a computer set threshold. Sorry I can't find the solution for that.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by semicycler
It might be possible. In Durametric Pro there are options to disable individual warning messages. Not sure which ones map to the TPMS warnings you want to disable though. Start with floatingkiwi's spreadsheet and look for RDK messages (German abbreviation for TPMS)

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ns-manual.html
This would be outstanding. Can someone with a dura pro guinea pig this?

I get warnings while on track running 'flat' pressures and it's a nuisance having to clear the OBC white flat out on a tight right hander.

Would love to fix that.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:24 AM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
This would be outstanding. Can someone with a dura pro guinea pig this?

I get warnings while on track running 'flat' pressures and it's a nuisance having to clear the OBC white flat out on a tight right hander.

Would love to fix that.
When I rented the Durametic pro, I played with all of those setting for 3 days.. no dice. There are 3 tpms areas for coding and 11 rdk text fields. I tried ever combo I could think of.

Not saying it's not possible, just not very easy if it can be done.

Note that some changes in the instrument cluster module require reset of the module for them to take effect. You can do that with the Durametic too. Hope someone has better luck than I did. This is a really nice feature if someone can get it to work.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikemessi
... I select either 18 in winter or 18 in summer option it allows me to run lower pressures (low 30s) before light comes on even though I'm running 19in summer tires.
UPDATE: I tried this alternative and it seems to be working so far since I too have 19" wheels and run summer tires year round (I live in the Caribbean).

Thanks for your help Mike.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:04 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

To the OP: Why are you getting warnings? Set your TPMS system for 19" wheels and set your pressures correct (cold) 33/37 PSI and you should get no warnings.

In any case... which specific warning do you see?
Old 09-01-2017, 03:27 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
To the OP: Why are you getting warnings? Set your TPMS system for 19" wheels and set your pressures correct (cold) 33/37 PSI and you should get no warnings.

In any case... which specific warning do you see?

His post was pretty clear that he wants to do away with the warning that occurs when he has his actual tire pressures outside the recommended ranges.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:00 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Set your TPMS system for 19" wheels and set your pressures correct (cold) 33/37 PSI and you should get no warnings.
I just pulled my 997.2 from storage where I had extra pressure in the tires. Released air to set them to 33/37 cold and after a few miles, the TPMS system triggered that there's a flat. I've driven about 70 mi hoping it would reset. No dice so far. Wish there was an easy way to tell the system that 33/37 cold is good

Quick Reply: Turn off TPMS warnings but still get pressures readouts?