Sponsored by:

Bose (Oh Boy!) Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Bose (Oh Boy!) Issue

At the risk of receiving a scolding for posting this when there have been tons posted already (I've read what I think are all posted messages), I am having difficulty with the woofer in the passenger foot well. If after the scolding, a moderator would prefer to shift this to another thread, I am certainly good with it! Thanks!

I purchased a previously owned '12 Targa 4 (absolutely love it and shamed an AUDI S6 on a MD country road last weekend) totally stock with the Bose Surround System. It is really weak sounding on the bass end so I began to play with the Sound settings. I found I am getting NO SOUND from the woofer in the passenger foot well... at all.

I am not a audiophile, but I do know good sounding systems, and this ain't one. I am not a technician, so anything done will be done by someone else. And, time is my enemy as I do not have hours to futz around with things hoping to find the issue(s). So, I am respectfully asking for a step by step listing of approaches for looking for the problem. And, please, I am asking that step 1 is not suggesting a new system. I've read that too many times for it not to have registered in my thick head. Don't want the expense or aftermarket look. I lay my problem at wiser head's feet. THANKS!!!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:45 AM
DB's997
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would bet you that the Porsche dealership can answer your question for no money. You might not like their answer, but I have found them to be very good at finding the solutions.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:47 AM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the Targa. I own a 2012 Targa 4 as well, just in basalt black. My previous 997.2 was guards red and I still love that color.

Anyways, I assume that the amplifier that drives the bass is defect. Take it to Porsche and have them do a diagnostic scan. You will know for sure that the problem is.

CF
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 AM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Check the fuse for the sub - it's separate from the rest of the system. (Tho I'm sure you saw that thread, just a thought).
Old 08-14-2017, 06:38 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Talking

Can't thank you enough for your all your replies! Taking my Targa 4 to a dealer is a last resort as it ALWAYS costs money! Big money! LOL!

I did a little bit of poking around and did not find any loose wires/connections involving the amp under the passenger seat. Then, checked the main amp fuse (E4 - 30 Amps), but not any secondary fuses. Will do next. Another forum entry said that sometimes pulling both fuses will allow a reset/roboot of the amp. Will try that as well.

Then... the dealer.

As to the color Guards Red, and having a Targa... I get comments and compliments constantly. I really like this little car and driving it is a true joy.

Brooks
Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 PM
mcfisticuffs
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...d-quality.html
Old 08-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks mcfisticuffs! That graphic was perfect for me to know where to go. And, to Bruce for having done it in the first place!

Next spare moment I'm going to where I store the car during the week, and pull those fuses and crank up the sound!!!

Do appreciate everyone's singing out!

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

No highs no lows...
Old 08-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Default Bingo!!!

Oh baby! Got tunes now! The fuses were the issue. Pulled and reinstalled per instructions. Rocking now!

Thanks to all who went before me!!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:47 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Oh baby! Got tunes now! The fuses were the issue. Pulled and reinstalled per instructions. Rocking now!

Thanks to all who went before me!!!!
Where was it and which fuse?
Old 08-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Default Bose 997.2 Bass Solution

Go to this link and do what Bruce says do! It worked for me and hopefully for you as well. I have all the bass I want, and a better sounding system all together. I played with the speed adjustment button and the surround sound toggle and could tell some differences. It's a matter of personal choice.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...nd-quality.htm

There is a solution to all problems if you look long and hard enough.

Quick Reply: Bose (Oh Boy!) Issue