Sponsored by:

Fabspeed headers VS Agency Power Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Rflores
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed headers VS Agency Power Headers

People said Agency Power is made in China but no one has actually posted their experience with Agency power headers. Fabspeed headers are $600 more. In my experience with other cars all headers are about the same.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:23 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Rflores
People said Agency Power is made in China but no one has actually posted their experience with Agency power headers. Fabspeed headers are $600 more. In my experience with other cars all headers are about the same.
I can't speak to the Agency Power headers, but I installed the Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-cel cats on my 2010 4S Cab with PSE.... it's a fantastic combination, and the cats are high quality HJS material. I posted up a few vids of my evolving exhaust system that ends with this set up.

Are you doing a cat delete (i.e., adding race headers) or staying with cats but upgrading to a high flow set? Also, do you have a .1 or .2 car? In the .2 cars the headers and cats are a single unit, so I went with a set of lightly used FabSpeed Sport Headers that I bought from a fellow RL member in the RL classifieds. They're pricey new, but a used set makes it much more tolerable cost-wise
Old 07-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Rflores
Instructor

Default fabspeed vs Agency Power

I have Agency power exhaust with fabspeed sport cats it sounds really good. Both exhaust and cats bolted right on they were a perfect fit. Used Headers sell really fast I'm always late. If anybody out there has some for sale I'm really interested.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:24 PM
Rflores
Instructor

This is for a 997.1
Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

header should be the least improvement you could make. Very little difference in stock and a header. I would say a waste of money. But AP and Maxspeed are probably the same parts. These Chinese headers are very good quality and have same features as any other. they are just copies.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:01 AM
Rflores
Instructor

Default AP vs Fabspeed

My plan is to add the GT3 throttle body and tune. I have heard that headers don't do much but then I see the used after market headers sell like hot cakes. I guess I just want to see if Fabspeed headers make that much of a difference for $600 more or if I can go towards Agency power which is cheaper and puts out the same amount of gains.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:21 AM
sober_owl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the problem is longer primaries shift powerband higher in the rpm.. so we gain power up top n loose in lower rpms ...i doubt any one is spending the time to make a proper header for our cars...they all sell the same header for the 3.6 and 3.8.. there a reason even porsche has a different design for both engines
Old 07-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Rflores
Instructor

Default AP VS fabspeed

Yeah I was thinking all headers are somewhat the same. Is there any mods that will make up the loss of low end power?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:16 PM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

No affiliation except am a satisfied Fabspeed customer, rep John Gaydos. Not the same car, recommend you contact John and ask him what he recommends for your setup.

Headers are not the same. Pic of what I went with for my 3.4 BGTS, race headers and protune. BIG difference. Louder and faster, car is eager to run. I have sport exhaust with sound symposer, seems about the same loudness closed as it used to sound open. Open it RIPS, especially with the top down. Built to order, so you will have to wait a while, but the quality is worth it.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 225 Posts

Below is a link to a post that will help you understand how the inside diameter and length of the primary runners of a header affect performance... so when you are buying a header, it is important to know how the inside diameter of the new header compare to what you have now so you can predict how it will affect the power band....
https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...-need-to-know/

Personally, I won't buy a header unless I know where it will shift the power/torque...
If I were to buy a header, it would be for sound, I have no expectation of any power increase from it....
Old 07-31-2017, 01:01 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of people in this thread are saying that you won't get a power increase from headers. Fabspeed shows a nice increase across the entire RPM range on their dyno chart, what gives?

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997-...sport-headers/
Old 07-31-2017, 01:20 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

I was in the same boat when I bought my headers. I talked to Taggart Cars about Agency Power headers & he said they use to run them on their race cars however after a few races they would have to be replaced. Taggart Cars is an authorized retailer for Fabspeed & they do some bad to the bone stuff there. I went with Cargraphic and am extremely pleased with the quality,price, and sound.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:25 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

theres a ap header and a stock, for my 996 3.6
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Rflores
Instructor

OKB have you installed the AP header and are you pleased?
Old 07-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Rflores
Instructor

Originally Posted by BaileyII
I was in the same boat when I bought my headers. I talked to Taggart Cars about Agency Power headers & he said they use to run them on their race cars however after a few races they would have to be replaced. Taggart Cars is an authorized retailer for Fabspeed & they do some bad to the bone stuff there. I went with Cargraphic and am extremely pleased with the quality,price, and sound.

I found some cargraghic headers for $875 does that sound about right? Where did you get yours from?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed headers VS Agency Power Headers