New Gt2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Sometimes some people need repetition to grasp a subject.
Posting an article that has the same quotes and same subject matter is a waste of bandwidth.

Why would anyone care about article comments when Porsche themselves have taken a very clear position on their products?
Because the comment I referenced corrabrated what I stated in my posts.

As for "Porsche's position", I have already pointed out how bogus it is.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:16 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I get what you are saying that it's everyone's prerogative to spend his money as he chooses. And I suspect most of us here are probably pretty capitalist, so I don't think the basic concept is lost on anyone.

I am at a little bit of a loss, however, as to how a Porsche enthusiast could have such a stance. Especially when the desirable enthusiast models are being artificially limited by environmental regulations, not supply and demand.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:01 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Posting an article that has the same quotes and same subject matter is a waste of bandwidth.

But it's not. I have spoken with those at PMNA who advised the same. They are trying but advised it's hard when buyers then circumvent the dealers and put the cars back on consignment. They are trying to stop flippers but it's a lost cause. Shame too, cause this was when I wanted a 911r to daily drive and instead most just sit now in showrooms commanding $500k+.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manimal
I get what you are saying that it's everyone's prerogative to spend his money as he chooses.
I think that the prerogative of spending one's money the way one chooses is only half of the issue. The other half is the prerogative of doing what one wants with what one buys (driving or parking the car in this specific case).

I am at a little bit of a loss, however, as to how a Porsche enthusiast could have such a stance.
See my comment above in this post. Being a firm believer in both prerogatives means any enthusiast opinions I might have don't see the light of day.

A GT2RS owner, or any limited release Porsche owner, should be under no obligation to me, or anyone else, including PAG, to drive their Porsche.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I think that the prerogative of spending one's money the way one chooses is only half of the issue. The other half is the prerogative of doing what one wants with what one buys (driving or parking the car in this specific case).
Agreed, that's part of what I meant to imply.

See my comment above in this post. Being a firm believer in both prerogatives means any enthusiast opinions I might have don't see the light of day.

A GT2RS owner, or any limited release Porsche owner, should be under no obligation to me, or anyone else, including PAG, to drive their Porsche.
Agree to disagree on that point, though. If you're not going to drive your Porsche, buy something else, please. Like a vase or a painting, that's meant to sit there.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s65e90
But it's not.
It's bogus because it can't stop people from flipping the cars. And it's bogus because PAG's "drive the car or else" position can't be enforced even for those buying the cars who have no intention of flipping them.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,446 Posts

I feel most would say you waste bandwidth with every breath. As I wrote some people need repetition to grasp subjects.

If you think Porsche's position is "bogus" why not do them and us a favor and divest yourself of it all?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You are so full of it. You are the first to condemn any personal modification of any Porsche you deem unworthy.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypocrite
Old 06-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's bogus because it can't stop people from flipping the cars. And it's bogus because PAG's "drive the car or else" position can't be enforced even for those buying the cars who have no intention of flipping them.
Ferrari does it all the time. Porsche can too.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/naive
Old 06-14-2017, 05:44 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Yes. Just because something isn't enforceable doesn't mean that Porsche isn't paying attention. They know the dealers are in on it too for the flipping. It sucks and is a huge turn off to the real drivers out there that can't get the good cars.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:45 PM
s65e90
Drifting

And it's not so much drive the car or else. It's STOP buying the car and immediately placing it for sale for a HUGE markup ala 911r.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Agreed, that's part of what I meant to imply.
If you agree with both prerogatives then how can you support your belief that if someone is not going to drive their Porsche, then they should buy something else? If someone felt pressured by your opinion, and decided to buy a Mercedes AMG instead of a Porsche, would it be OK with you if they didn't drive the AMG?

Is it your buy-in to the statement that "Porsche's were meant to be driven" that influences your opinion on this? Do you think that other cars are build "not to be driven"?

And what exactly does "meant to be driven" really mean? Is there an annual minimum mileage associated with this, or is where and how the car is actually driven part of deciding whether or not it is "driven"?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s65e90
And it's not so much drive the car or else. It's STOP buying the car and immediately placing it for sale for a HUGE markup ala 911r.
If you read my post above you'll see that I stated that PAG is simply upset by the flipping, not with whether or not their cars are actually driven. They know they can't control the "driven" part. They pulled out the "meant to be driven" thing just to chum the discussion.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You are so full of it. You are the first to condemn any personal modification of any Porsche you deem unworthy.
Do you see the word "drive" associated with any of my modification opinions? Focus carefully...the discussion is about "driving the car", not modifying the car.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If you think Porsche's position is "bogus" why not do them and us a favor and divest yourself of it all?
Are you on drugs? What in the world does PAG's bogus position have to do with the 996 Turbo I currently own?

Quick Reply: New Gt2 RS