Sponsored by:

COTA pics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Hey Mark, yeah, really goes to show how much load goes through the suspension. In the second to last pic you can clearly see the tire pulling away from the wheel bead. I think that was the latest Viper with all the huge aero. I got by him early in the session and didn't see him after that.
Yea that's a new bad boy Viper, I had to work really hard to keep with the earlier version (2010?) last year one day at Pacific.
Did you change tire pressure much with the swap to bigger?

​​
Old 04-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

If my car was in Elementary school, Powdrhounds car is what mine wants to be when it "grows up". haha! Awesome pictures, what a place! That one pic with the tire rolling off almost looks like an AutoX Pic, not a DE. Oh and the scale that is set in the picture coming up the hill to (turn 1?) is incredible.

Last edited by Mtrboatvr6; 04-12-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow, great shots and can only imagine how much fun that track was...
Old 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah, the OEM Cup splitter works perfectly with the RUF bumper which is perfectly flat on the bottom. It's almost as if it was made for it. I installed blind nuts in the bottom of the bumper and then I bolt on the splitter with nylon bolts. I used nylon bolts as they will shear off in case of a track off without damaging the bumper itself. I remove it prior to loading onto the trailer as there is not enough clearance with it otherwise. Works well. The beauty of the Cup splitter is that it is a $200 part. What's amazing is that the street GT3 splitter is $800 and it's actually the same part but trimmed down more to be smaller. I'm sure once Porsche Motorsport catches on they'll jack the price four fold. I've stocked up..

Did I notice a difference in downforce? Hard to say Chris. The car is very glued as is but any reduction of air flowing under the car will clearly provide a benefit. I'm sure it's there but obviously it's a subtle one. I'm certainly not one of these people that can claim that my butt dyno can discern an extra 5hp or a tenth or two reduction of lap time. Once I get some data running on my home track with this set up I'll be able to look at the Motec lap data and see if and where I see a benefit. I just have not yet been at my home track this year.
Yeah, I figured with the efficiency your car is at, plus being a new track, and such a minor change... any difference would be small, probably not even noticeable.

As much as I hate to say I'd do things for the bling, that completely changes the look of the RUF front for me. It looked great before, I went back and forth between preferring the GT2 and RUF look-both great in different ways.. but this makes the RUF look so much better in every way.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
Yea that's a new bad boy Viper, I had to work really hard to keep with the earlier version (2010?) last year one day at Pacific.
Did you change tire pressure much with the swap to bigger?

​​
I dropped the pressures just about 1lb. I start at 25/25 cold and shoot for 32/33 hot. Seem to be the majic numbers..
Old 04-12-2017, 04:53 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mtrboatvr6
If my car was in Elementary school, Powdrhounds car is what mine wants to be when it "grows up". haha! Awesome pictures, what a place! That one pic with the tire rolling off almost looks like an AutoX Pic, not a DE. Oh and the scale that is set in the picture coming up the hill to (turn 1?) is incredible.
The last 4 pics of the car from behind are going into turn 1 at the top of the hill..
Old 04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Yeah, I figured with the efficiency your car is at, plus being a new track, and such a minor change... any difference would be small, probably not even noticeable.

As much as I hate to say I'd do things for the bling, that completely changes the look of the RUF front for me. It looked great before, I went back and forth between preferring the GT2 and RUF look-both great in different ways.. but this makes the RUF look so much better in every way.
Thanks Chris. The RUF front end is basically identical to the GT2 except that if is slightly longer especially down by the built in chin splitter, about 3" longer which is good from an aero standpoint. With the addition of the Cup splitter sticking even further out and about 2" lower, the approach angle is much lower and not really practical for street use. You can still clear at an angle but its a constant struggle. Removing the splitter makes it very much useable on the street.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The last 4 pics of the car from behind are going into turn 1 at the top of the hill..
I wondered as I couldnt think of another area from my F1 memory that would make the car look like that. Great pictures for sure. Thanks for sharing with us.

Quick Reply: COTA pics...