Sponsored by:

M030 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M030 suspension

Does anyone have the euro M030 suspension on there turbo. Do you have both the springs and shocks, or just the springs. The dealer said it is not necessary to change both. They will change the springs only, for $1350 and aligh. Is this a good way to go? Will it upset the cars balance? Is the handleing improved?
Old 11-08-2003, 03:10 PM
RWO
Burning Brakes

Do a search, there have been a lot of info on this subject.

To answer your question, your dealer is an idiot. The ROW suspension for the Turbo includes dampers (shocks) and springs. I would not just install springs only, they are designed to work with the Euro dampers, not the US ones.

Here's info:

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96008.htm

You can also go to www.carnewal.com to buy the parts a lot cheaper than your dealer. They also sell more agressive suspension setups for the Turbo.

The car is a bit lower, stiffer, and does improve the handleing imo...

Roy
Old 11-13-2003, 12:53 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

just curious.... Porsche used the same designation for the 951 S suspension package. Any possible relation?? Is M030 just a generic term for Porsche to show the suspension was upgraded from standard?

thanks,
Kevin
Old 11-13-2003, 02:37 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Universal Option code "030" for Standard Sport Suspension
Old 11-13-2003, 04:05 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Turbo Ron,
glad u ask. my dealer told me the same thing when i wanted to lower my TT. they thought the shocks are the same & just need Euro springs. check what i got here:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ight=euro+M030

as u can see, the shocks are actually different.

also check here & u can find the pics of my car after Euro M030 installed.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ight=euro+M030

i got the whole kit from Gert at Carnewal.com. great experience!!! as always from Gert

PM me for pricing on installation. i might be able to help u out!
Old 11-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Is the car noticeably a much stiffer ride? Do you scrape a lot more on driveway approaches? I had the euro M030 on my C2. I loved it. That car started out a lot softer though. This turbo is firm to start out with. I am a little concerned it will be notibly stiffer than the C2. Opinions please.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:58 AM
checksix
5th Gear

I installed the ROW M30 suspension (purchased from Carnewal) on my 02 tt. Wasn't quite low enough for my taste but the ride was not harsh at all. I went with pss9s. I still have the M30. If your intrested drop me an e-mail.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:58 PM
PN
Instructor

Springs for 1350 ? Thats expensive I think. check carnewal if not checksix has got one
Old 11-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ROW springs and shocks on my '02 Turbo and am not real happy with it. I like the ride height , and don't have too much trouble with scraping the nose. On a smooth road or track the ride and handling are great. However, I find the ride on real-world Chicago area roads a little too harsh for my taste. It is hard to describe - there seems to be not enough compliance - the suspension transmits every little bit of harshness and bumps through to the driver. It becomes a busy ride , like there is too much information transmitted to the driver. I've experimented with tire pressures, to no improvement. I suspect that the shocks themselves have too high a degree of initial damping. I've thought about changing back to stock, but like the ride height and track characteristics of the ROW setup.

Anyone used a different shock with the ROW springs?
Old 11-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

Some of you say the euro M030 is harsh and some say it is not?????????? Can anyone else comment.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Turbo Ron
Some of you say the euro M030 is harsh and some say it is not?????????? Can anyone else comment.
IMHO, both the stock Turbo and ROW (M030) suspensions are harsh riding. The ROW (Euro) Turbo suspension is slightly firmer than stock, hardly lowers the car, but does improve handling. If you go ROW, definitely get the complete setup -- shocks, springs and bump stops.

If it were my car, I'd get a quality coil over setup -- both handling and ride quality will improve as compared to both the stock or Euro suspensions. If you want maximum flexibility to adjust both ride height and ride quality (shock rebound/dampening adjustments), try the Bilstein PSS9's. While the initial cost of parts will be slightly higher as compared to the ROW M030 (installation costs are the same), you'll definitely be happy with the results. You'll be able to fine tune the suspension for your specific driving needs/pleasures over time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess alot depends on the roads in the geographical area the car is operated on. In the Chicago area we have relatively rough roads , caused by the weather extremes in the area - frost heaves, salt. heavy traffic, etc. I was amazed how smooth the highways were during a recent trip to Phoenix . I'm sure the ride my car with ROW would be far better in Phx than Chicago.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

With the pss9, if your not happy with the setting, and need to readjust the setting, do you need to realign again?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Turbo Ron
With the pss9, if your not happy with the setting, and need to readjust the setting, do you need to realign again?
No, you only need to re-align if you change ride height. Changing shock settings will not affect alignment.

Quick Reply: M030 suspension