Sponsored by:

For sale - 2002 Turbo Speed Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Default For sale - 2002 Turbo Speed Yellow

Never intended to do this, but a serious financial reversal forces it.

48K mile 02 Turbo with minimal mods limited to 997 shifter, Alpine head unit, custom exhaust/tips, LED rear lights (originals available) and 19" Champion RG5 forged wheels.

Car was delivered with beige interior with large wood package. With help from Rennlisters, I was able to purchase a complete black leather interior and have it installed by a factory-trained tech. The change is not detectable, but the result was worth the cost.

Minimal records, really only a receipt for new clutch about 10K miles ago. I've had the car 23 months and done a gauge swap to fix faulty oil level reading, and front rotors/ all pads. Everything works. Head unit very recently installed & provides bluetooth & USB inputs.

Asking $46K

Car is located in Los Angeles.
Attached Images      
Old 10-06-2016, 07:39 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Never intended to do this, but a serious financial reversal forces it. 48K mile 02 Turbo with minimal mods limited to 997 shifter, Alpine head unit, custom exhaust/tips, LED rear lights (originals available) and 19" Champion RG5 forged wheels. Car was delivered with beige interior with large wood package. With help from Rennlisters, I was able to purchase a complete black leather interior and have it installed by a factory-trained tech. The change is not detectable, but the result was worth the cost. Minimal records, really only a receipt for new clutch about 10K miles ago. I've had the car 23 months and done a gauge swap to fix faulty oil level reading, and front rotors/ all pads. Everything works. Head unit very recently installed & provides bluetooth & USB inputs. Asking $46K Car is located in Los Angeles.
GLWS, love the speed yellow variant
Old 10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
ANJ-911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Price for this car! Sucks the financials aren't allowing you to keep it but I'm sure you'll be back in another one in no time.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Thank God you are not local. That's a nice looking car.

GLWS.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:09 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ANJ-911
Great Price for this car! Sucks the financials aren't allowing you to keep it but I'm sure you'll be back in another one in no time.
Thanks. It was a weird story - CEO of my company was arrested by the FBI for embezzling from his prior employer. Kept me from getting a serious chunk of money I was owed (as well as paychecks). Yes I will recover, but it'll take a while. This Turbo is a real joy and I'll miss it.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:11 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macster
Thank God you are not local. That's a nice looking car.

GLWS.
Livermore? I can make it to Livermore in under 6 hours. :-)
Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a steal... if you list it nationally I bet you can get more and sell it in under a week.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking car! Sucks you have to sell it, but you got to do what you got to do.

-Jason
Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Livermore? I can make it to Livermore in under 6 hours. :-)
I'm sure you could, but stay put.

Every time I come upon a nice example I'm tempted but I keep telling myself to just continue to drive the cars I have. I can keep them on the road a long time for what even a nice used example would cost me.

You'll find a buyer for your car in no time, I am sure.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:49 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

beautiful car. I like the finished product you have done. What did you modify the ashtray with? that looks good.
Sorry about the financials as others have said you will be back. GLWS.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:20 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turbodan
beautiful car. I like the finished product you have done. What did you modify the ashtray with? that looks good.
Sorry about the financials as others have said you will be back. GLWS.
The ashtray was replaced with something called a 'non smoker kit' or non smoker shelf' depending on the translation. It's a factory part, and in fact I got the entire console with the ashtray replacement as a factory-painted NOS part on eBay.

Off topic a bit: I'm working on a modified version that expands the opening, eliminating the rear switch positions. Just finishing the model and then will scan and 3D print a prototype.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:28 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Was the odometer reading kept accurate with change? If that applies with instrument change/replacement. Question not for me but interested friend.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the hardships, but the bright side is these cars sale and you will be back to whole in no time. BAT auctions are getting solid prices for cars, and the auction could help offer a healthy distraction. Either way GLWS and financial solvency.

heres an active 996tt lets see how it does
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/200...-911996-turbo/
Old 10-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Was it an option for turbo script on gauge and rear seat area? Mine has neither.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:01 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rmc1148
Was the odometer reading kept accurate with change? If that applies with instrument change/replacement. Question not for me but interested friend.
Yes, excellent question. I swapped in a temporary replacement cluster while getting my original cluster repaired - and then found the silver/white one you see here on Rennlist. The seller was able to put me in touch with a 3rd party who was able to reset the odometer, but would only reset to my original miles not an additional 800 or so 'undocumented' miles. I understand him wanting to match the VIN and miles and be ethical about it, but it meant he would only reset to the exact miles shown on the original odo. So the miles are understated by 800 or so. :-/ This is something I've disclosed to the 2 people who've seriously inquired about the car. (and now all of Rennlist!)

Quick Reply: For sale - 2002 Turbo Speed Yellow